Thursday, November 17, 2011

Headless Chicken

I’ve never actually witnessed that type of event, but from what I hear, my life these days just might resemble it. 

I would love to have more time to talk, but I’m just going to have to say for today, I’m thankful for teachers. 

It’s a gift I don’t possess, but I’m sure grateful.  Oh yes, and I KNOW I don’t possess it because after two hours of keeping up with a classroom of 23 second graders….well.  Let’s just say it’s not a gift I possess.  *gulp* 

I can say with much feeling after two days of volunteering in two different classrooms, teachers are severely underpaid.  I don’t know what their salary is, but there is no way it could be enough. 

complete me weblgOn a completely unrelated topic, I made this page today.  Now the look is immortalized.  Or not. 

I used a kit called Puzzle Bug by Sweet Digi Scraps, in case anyone wonders. 

And in case you can’t read the fine print, it says (and God willing, for many, many more years to come) Because 2001-2011 is just how much it’s been so far.  =) 

And anywho, that’s all I have to say for now…it’s time for me to round up the kid-lin’s and pop them in the shower for their daily decontamination. 

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha. Your last sentence made me laugh. Decontamination. That is one way of putting it. lol. As for underpaid teachers, I agree! I used to be a teacher's aid when I was in the 8th grade. I loved it for the most part, but I hear kids are little more wild theses. Some of the stories I hear at work kind of scare me. lol.

    And nice page by they way. Creative and crafty and unique. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decontamination! Love it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)