Monday, March 22, 2010

Mixed Feelings

*FREEBIE ALERT…it’s on down in the post, or if you want to skip my blah blah, just click here.*

Well, it was a different sort of weekend.  I had signed up to take Munchkin to a IMG_5873ewebmother/daughter campout at the Girl Scout Camp for a one night “preview” of Girl Scouts on Friday night/Saturday morning.  Ya’ll probably saw the cell phone pic in our room…you would have laughed if you’d seen me holding my phone up in the air in the cabin and trying for the fifteenth time to get it to send all the way before the signal faded again.  We were indeed in the middle of nowhere.


IMG_5898ewebIMG_5894eweb

I got a little creeped out driving up there because we didn’t see anybody all the way up the dirt road curving around the mountainside and it was that dusky evening light, not like in the middle of the day…and in the forest to top it off…slightly creepy.  And then we got there and there WERE other people there, but nobody I knew, which was what I expected.  Way out of my comfort zone, but I tried to adjust…and it was sorta fun.  IMG_5915eweb

Some of the other chicks were on the annoying side, but thankfully, the girls in our cabin were really nice and not annoying.  LOL.  This girl in the pic was the other girl in our cabin and made instant friends with Munchkin.  *grin* IMG_5905eweb

Munchkin seemed to have a good time…except for the part where she didn’t get enough sleep and had issues.  Can’t really blame her…I didn’t get enough sleep (well, not enough QUALITY sleep) and then we had to be up by 6:30 and in the breakfast area by 7am.  :-O  OW.  All in all, it was a fun trip though…    

Church yesterday was very sober.  Anna, a girl from Ohio, only 18 years old, went to be with Jesus yesterday morning.  She was thrown from her horse on Friday and had serious internal injuries.  I didn’t know her that well, but I never, ever heard anything about her that wasn’t 100% good.  Even not knowing her that well, it saddens me that her life ended so young…it just seems so tragic for such a sweet young girl to be gone.  I don’t know…I guess I might think about things too much, but I find myself thinking about how the world needs more good people and less of the bad, and why can’t it go like that?   It doesn’t make sense.  My heart goes out to her family, her fiance, and her friends…   IMG_0199eweb

This was at youth camp just last September, Anna is the one on the end in the left side of the picture.  Youth camp is coming up again this weekend and from what I understand, she was planning on being there again.  It’s a very sobering thought, how quickly life can be altered. 

I heard last week that a guy I knew from school died back in January in a freak accident…according to the article I found online, he fell down a hotel shaft in the middle of the night.  He was close to my age.  I don’t know if he was drinking or if it wasn’t an accident or what, but he was close to my age…and now he’s gone.  I ate lunch with him a couple times (many moons ago, before I got married, we were just friends…it wasn’t anything like that), but we had a class together and talked a few times, and of course it wasn’t a major friendship and it faded away after class ended and I didn’t talk to him much after that, and then I eventually got (back) together with KC and we got married and that was that.  But now he’s gone, and it just really makes you realize how abruptly this life can end at any point.   Anna was 18.  John was 27 or 28.  It’s very sobering. 

I’m trying to get off the heavy stuff a little, but my mind keeps going back to it.  I’ll try to lighten up a bit now, though. 

PreviewQPswebI’m a little behind with the digital scrapping stuff, but I did get my stuff done for the March Mater Madness blog train.  You should check it out, I did 6 quickpages for an 8x8 album, and one of the other CT members did another 6 pages in the same kits, so you can make a 12 page (or more if you use some pages twice) quick album and just pop your pics in and print.  It’s so cool.  Plus there are lots of other freebies to be found.  Click HERE to ride the train, but hurry…it only runs through the 28th and then all the links will be gone.  

On other stuff, I think I might have an eating problem…I’m trying to regain control…being seriously bloated gives me lots of incentive because I feel uber thick right this minute and I hate it.  But someone…uh….mentioned in the comments on that post a few days ago that perhaps there might be a reason for my recent eating issues…a reason that would last about 9 months?  Well, just to clear that up, THAT’S NOT the reason.  Although it’s a pretty good possibility that hormones ARE involved, I’m positive that those hormones will let me go back to normal eating habits in say…about 5 days.  LOL.  *sigh*.  PMS is horrid….but in light of recent events, I’d have to admit, pretty trivial.  *sigh again*

And although I hate to end on that note, KC is already asleep and the bed is calling my name.  PS, dear God, thank you that I have a wonderful bed and not a squeaky cot.  I am so spoiled and not just because of that, but I am very grateful.  So thank you!   

2 comments:

  1. i wondered where you were when you posted the pic of your "Cabin" :) what a good mommy you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thoughts.
    Life is like a vapor.
    God uses these instances to help us see how thankful we should be.
    Things do look trivial in light of this.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)