Friday, February 26, 2010

K-man’s Room – Organized…

Here’s yet another one of my re-do projects as I challenged myself to do at the beginning of the month, after stumbling across this organizing challenge.  See more organized rooms here.

Before:                                               After: 
IMG_5650ewebIMG_5785eweb

And then all his junk piled here and there…IMG_5653ewebIMG_5652eweb
IMG_5651ewebAnd his closet “throw-up”….

 

all of which needed to be organized into his closet….

and TA-DA!
IMG_5782eweb

I just love it when a plan comes together.  =) 

To complete this challenge, I have to answer the following questions:

1. What was the hardest part of the challenge for you and were you able to overcome it? The hardest part of this project was collecting all the pieces and toys that needed to go in one place and then organizing them to fit. 

2. Tell us what kind of changes/habits you have put into place in order for your area/room to maintain its new order? I put all the most used toys in reach of the K-man so that he will be able to put them away when he’s done playing. 

3. What did you do with the “stuff” you were able to purge out of your newly organized space?  Started a giant yard sale pile to make a few extra dollars when the weather warms up.

4. What creative storage solutions were you able to introduce in order to create additional space as well as establish some limits and boundaries?  Lots of baskets and the rubbermaid closet storage system…makes all the difference in the world. 

5. Why do you think you should win this challenge?  Well, I’d love to win the organizational tools because I still have quite a bit of organizing left to do, but I’d say all in all, I’ve already won because this room is much more organized now.  =)

Also completed the Laundry room, Desk, & Medicine Cabinet projects.

YAY!  =)

11 comments:

  1. Great job on your projects! makes me want to organize too...cept I just haven't talked myself into it yet. LOL!

    I noticed the bins in the closet on the top shelf cause I bought some a few months ago at Good Will for $1.75 each.

    Been looking for some more to use in my laundry room. I just haven't been willing to pay the prices even at Big Lots after paying that price at Good Will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the b4 and after shots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow have you been busy! i bet the house looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the adorable storage boxes. And "closet throw-up"? I can so relate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love his bed! Great storage space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sons room looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! Love the closet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it looks great! i especially love the closet. you did a good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. we just did something similar for my 9 yr old daughters closet too. for her it was for her clothes!

    we love the organization that it gave her.

    i am sure that you will get years of function out of your new closet.

    nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great closet space. I love it. I'm going to bookmark this to come back and look at for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)