Monday, December 21, 2009

Dear Diary: (A Little History)

Just for fun, here’s a few excerpts from a journal I wrote in YEARS ago – found it yesterday when I was packing up one of the bookshelves…specific names have been removed to protect the innocent (or not). 

Monday, January 15, 2001
Youth revival went really well.  *Ohio Chick* came down and stayed all week with me, and Tuesday, a whole group of us went skiing!  That was totally fun!  KC rode the lifts with me a couple times and he was actually nice, but now he’s beginning to get on my nerves.  *sigh*  It’s a long story, and I’m not going into it.  Oh, and then Sunday, *Alabama Boy* sat with me at lunch and we exchanged addresses, and I heard that KC noticed and commented on it.  I don’t know what it means, but I heard he said that I’d forgotten about him and found a new man!  I laughed.  It’s not like KC would ever seriously look my way! 

Wednesday, January 18, 2001
Well, *Alabama Boy* has been emailin’ quite a bit.  He wanted to call me, but I told him “no.”  I mean, he’s nice, but I just don’t think I like him that way.  I talked to KC tonight.  I know, I know, I should stay away from him, but…well, anyways.  We had a good conversation.  I wish he’d look my way.  Maybe I should have let *AB* call me.  Oh well, I’m not upset about it, I’ll just keep on prayin!  Have I ever mentioned how much I hate dating?

Friday, January 19, 2001
Tonight was awesome.  KC came down and stayed with Nathan, and we all played cards and talked and it was just…fun!  I wonder who he’s interested in now?  Probably *Ohio Girl* or somebody like that.  Whoever she is, she’s one lucky girl!  He is a really nice guy sometimes.  =)  Okay, I sound really lovesick, I have got to get over this.  Like…NOW. 

Thursday, February 8, 2001
I talked to KC tonight, and we talked Sunday night, too.  Sunday was an….interesting conversation.  I don’t remember how we got on the subject, but we ended up talking about the possibilities of a relationship more than friendship.  From the things that were said, I don’t think that will ever happen.  He thinks I’m too young, and I don’t think he’s ready to settle down.  I was disappointed, but I’ll leave it alone. 

Monday, March 28, 2001
It’s been awhile.  KC is a regular rollercoaster ride.  We started “talking” right after my 18th birthday, went on one date by ourselves to Chimney Rock, and then that was it.  Now, tonight we talked and he says he’s wanting to spend more time together.  I think he’s playing with me, but I’m just a sucker for punishment.  I’ll just enjoy it while it lasts and we’ll see what happens!  Isn’t optimism wonderful? =)

Saturday, April 14, 2001
Another official date.  He’s really sweet!  I can’t help hoping this lasts.

Okay…I’m going to skip some here…let’s just say the parts in here where we split and got back together all start sounding the same and the more it happened, the madder I got about it, and I was all dramatic and furious — in great detail – when I wrote all those, so I’ll just leave them out.  Hah.  Plus, who knows who reads this blog and should anyone read it who may have been part of the story, it’s probably best not to bring all that back up.  LOL!  Before I get back to it though, sheesh.  I can’t believe I said all this stuff.  Strangely enough, a couple times I’ve gone back and read some of my early blog posts and I can’t believe I said some of that stuff either.  Oh well.  Back to the journal. 

Thursday, August 9, 2001
Today was the best/worst day!  I emailed KC and he emailed me back, and our wires got crossed.  That’s the bad thing about emails, they can be read the wrong way very easily, but anyways, he called tonight and everything is straightened out now.  He said that even if I’m not sure about “us,” his mind is made up and he’s not going to change it!  We’re planning to go to a revival service up in the mountains on Saturday night.  I’m excited.  Don’t pinch me, if I’m dreaming, I DON’T want to wake up.  I still can’t believe this is happening!

Sunday, August 12, 2001
I have only one thing to say – WOW!  What a weekend!  Mountains were great, service was good, the trip went well.  We did sort of get lost a time or two, but we laughed about it, so it wasn’t a big deal.  We had a really good conversation coming back.  I guess one of the main things is that we ARE dating now.  Any doubts remaining in my mind were settled last night.  He is SO sweet.  Things just clicked last night.  I can’t explain it, but I think it was mutual and I really hope it lasts!

Sunday, October 21, 2001
So Casey missed church today since he had to work.  Service was good though.  Everyone was asking about him.  Anyway, I went to his house after the second service and hung out till he got home.  He got there about six, I think, and we had a nice evening.  We had a really serious talk, and he asked me to MARRY him!  I’m still in shock!  Have I ever mentioned how much I love that man?!?!  Well, I do!  The plans right now are set for the 21st or 22nd of December!  Only 2 months!  But I’m not complaining!  I like the way things are going!  I’m really excited, but I’m definitely nervous!  I hope it all works out.  I love him a LOT!

IMG_0240Of course, there was lots of blah blah blah in between all those but skipping on down, you guys already know that we DID go through with it…12/21/01.  And today…8 years later, I STILL think that man I married is wonderful and sweet and awesome! 

So KC, I know we didn’t really do cards or anything for our anniversary (well, unless you count signing a contract on a house, but that’s a whole ‘nother story) but just so you know, I love you even more now than I did on our honeymoon (and frankly, you’re real cute over there in that picture from our honeymoon, but I think you’re even cuter now)! and Happy Anniversary!!

And if you want to see some other pictures to go along with this, read the anniversary post I did in 2006.  *grin*  I think I still agree with everything I said then, too!  LOL!

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:04 PM

    Hon, you are so awesome. I can't put all that mushy stuff on here (cause I'd be teased endlessly by our close friends!)

    You are still the most awesome girl, and love you more today than I did the day I married you!

    KC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Can't believe it's already been 8 years for ya'll. Hope that house works out for you.
    Don't you just love reading old journals? I used to keep one (when I was a little boy crazy). I have some letters from way back when I first fell for Michael in '91 at Alta Pass. He said I asked him to sit with me, seriously, I don't remember doing that. Oh well, it must have worked because we got married in '97.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet. just wait until your married for 20 years. its still great. the longer your married the better it gets. but don't tell Preston I said that. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For KC, Thank you for loving our daughter the way you do, and it's good to know that everything is okay. You are a good son-in-law and we love you both. Faith, thank you for being a good wife to KC and loving him regardless of his humanness. LOL. Happy Anniversary. Sorry that I forgot yesterday. Love you. Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy anniversary!!!!! we have been married for 8 years too! it doesn't seem that long does it? and then at the same time it feels like forever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to laugh through some of your journal posts...I remember those days and I remember when you got so mad btwn. your break ups and a certain *Blond Ohio Girl* who made your blood boil a time or too. LOL. Glad you two made it through the rough patches of dating. For a long time I didn't think you 2 matched up very well, like you were too oposite of each other. (Don't think I ever told you that before.) But 8 years of love and 2 kids later, you make a great team! *smiles* Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooooohhhh, yuuuuucccckkkk..... blah, blah, blah....

    generally i love mushy....but we're talking about CASEY here... need i say more?????

    KC- teasing from friends???? really, come ON alREADy!!! and you'd BETTER love her more now than the day you married her.... she's pretty awesome. now go buy her a house, k?

    Faith- don't know how you've survived all these years with him but i venture to say you deserve an award... hahahahaa.

    oh, and if you need a date-night sitter once things settle down, count me in.... i'm volunteering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! Great, FUNNY, post!

    I remember some of that, but not all of it. I think I remember the skiing trip though....

    So fun to read back through some of those entries, huh!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Once he decided to look your way, y'all didn't waste time!! Happy Anniversary!!

    I got married young too - and in the same year! I was 19, and it was so fun to be a married teenager! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy 8th anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)