Monday, December 28, 2009

And The Merriment Fades…

Christmas 2009 is now another thing of the past.  Crazy, how time flies like that. 

We are extremely busy with packing and trying to get everything worked out for the transition.  Speaking of the transition, we did get that foreclosure.  Once everything settles down, I’ll open that private photo album and post pictures.  The house closings are set for the 5th and 6th of January, so we are totally hopping.  Christmas was insane this year, trying to make gifts and buy gifts and then trying to schedule all our packing around the holiday so that we didn’t do something stupid—like pack the drawer containing the do-ma-hicky that lets you download the pictures off your camera—before you download the Christmas pictures.  You know, things like that.  Not saying I would ever do something like that.  BUT.  ANYWAY!

SO MUCH TO DO.  I do not need to be here right now, but just thought I’d drop in for a quick update.  I have a lot on my mind that I’d like to write down but I need to get back to packing.  No school this week, so Munchkin is home and both kids are down for nap/rest right this minute, and I need to get busy and take advantage of that…unfortunately nap/rest time seems to be the FASTEST hour of the day.  *sigh* 

The tutu was sadly disappointing.  Well, at least I was disappointed in her reaction.  “Oh.  Nice.  Is that it?” was the reaction we got…which obviously sparked a “OH! NICE? Is that IT?” reaction from me.  I mean…come ON.  It’s only what you have been dreaming of for like, MONTHS!  KC and I have talked at length about our children’s attitudes toward receiving gifts.  One of our children shows a general attitude of entitlement rather than gratitude and, while the other one is much more appreciative of any and all gifts received, the attitude of “I deserve this” and “if it’s a gift, it should be mine” is one that is contagious.  Not to mention, the tutorials said nothing about the diva attitude that is magically assumed when child is wearing said garments.  Munchkin has always had a bit of that in her, but oh my WORD.  She put it on and it got like 10 times worse.  Irritating to the Nth degree.  Yuck.  So anyway, if you decide to make one of those for any girl you know, please be forewarned. 

IMG_5482ewebAnd on to the pictures.  Here’s Christmas eve…I didn’t get many great shots, but you know I live to get shots like this one of my mother-in-law…LOL.  Some people make it SO easy.  *grin*  I can say that because I am one of those people, too, but lucky for me, I don’t have many friends with the shutter-bug fever like me.  HAHA.  

IMG_5483eweb

 

 

IMG_5491eweb

 

 

 

Next up is Christmas Day, my family came over for the afternoon.  It was fun, too!

My mom made me this awesome card.  Doesn’t it look totally store bought?  I couldn’t tell if it was or not when I first opened it.  I was totally impressed!!

IMG_5521eweb

  
   Then here’s my mom and dad…IMG_5510eweb

 

 

 

 

IMG_5520eweb

  IMG_5545eweb
My brother opening the card my mom 
made for him.   

And then….OH.  Heart failure…I have THE PIONEER WOMAN COOKS!  Thank you to my dear awesome hubby!  PW ROCKS!  I love, love, love it!  Can’t wait to try some of these!  And he did order it because I asked for it for Christmas, not because I’m a terrible cook and need all the help I can get.  Well, that’s what I’m telling myself anyway!  HAHA!

And the last of the Christmas Day Pics…we set up the tripod so we could get a group shot of us.  I didn’t realize I set my camera on the self timer X 10!  So it took 10 shots in rapid succession…what is priceless is the looks on our faces by the end of the line…ROFL! 

Take 1: Oops, KC & Munchkin are blinkingIMG_5531eweb 1 second later: PERFECT!  Even the K-man is looking!IMG_5532eweb 1 second later: another good oneIMG_5533eweb 1 second later: I’ve realized that the clicking isn’t stopping…K-man and my mom’s eyes are a little biggerIMG_5535eweb 1 second later: Ryan’s smile is a little biggerIMG_5537eweb 1 second later: Ryan’s about to show teeth, I’m blinking and K-man is trying to figure out what’s going onIMG_5539eweb 1 second later: there…Ryan’s actually laughing, Mom’s mouth has dropped open, Nate and I are laughing out loud, and K-man’s in motion again.  IMG_5540e2webThe only ones who don’t change at all are Munchkin, KC, and my dad.  LOL.  I forsee this becoming a family tradition.  hahaha!

Thanks for dropping by!  Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and if I don’t get back on here before then, have a happy New Year! 

6 comments:

  1. cute pictures.. the timer thingy cracked me UP.

    but guess what??? you are not gonna believe this.... i asked for the very same cookbook from my hubby for christmas too...and GOT IT!!!! i was tickled pink. that is TOOOOO funny. we can experiment together sometime if you want. :o)

    that's too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good pictures, Faith!
    Glad you had a nice holiday.
    Now, get to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, I LOVE the series of pix shot. that is HYSTERICAL!

    and BUMMER about the girl not being in love with her tutu; I thought it was SUPER cute.
    I'm worried about the gratitude attitude too... so I feel your pain on that one.

    I can't wait to see the pix of your new place! I'm so glad you found one in time.

    I didn't even THINK to ask for The PW Cookbook! What a doof I am! I hope you LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! Couldn't help but smile at the "continuous" pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great pictures. had to laugh as the pictures went on. love ya and cant wait to have you close to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, that's good news on the house! We'll all keep our hopes up so you don't have to...:) Glad ya'll had a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)