Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Motivation

Wow.  It’s left me in the dust!  And I don’t even know where it went!?

*sigh* 

Yesterday, I dug out the winter clothes boxes out of the attic and after determining the “needs” for the kids winter wardrobes, I headed for the thrift stores in the town where the hubby works.  I found a few things that were on the “needs” list and then headed over to the hubby’s work to meet him for lunch. 

We went to look at a house that isn’t too far from where he works.  Yes, we are still on the prowl.  We saw this awesome old southern house (think that white house in Gone With The Wind except it didn’t have those columns/front porch) and it was huge (like 8 bedrooms and 5000+ sq feet and 2 stories plus an attic and basement huge) and actually in our price range, so we thought…hey…let’s see what the inside looks like.  So we looked.  It actually had tons of potential, but just like the last one we made an offer on, we would have to make a really low offer because of all the work it needs. 

I was in love with the outside because seriously, the place was gorgeous.  But the inside just needed restoring and the return on investment wouldn’t have paid off.  Plus I was annoyed at the layout of the rooms.  The place was a maze and had a completely illogical layout.  It desperately needed some walls knocked out and doorways blocked off.  I mean, when you went up to the second floor, to the right was the master bedroom, through that was a sitting room, through that was the master bathroom, through that was another bedroom, through that was a weird little hallway and another bedroom or you could go back to the stairs.  And the peeling wallpaper and closets reminded me of my grandma’s old house.  Not in a bad way, but not in an “I’d want to live there” kind of way either. 

Oh well.  That one’s out.  NEXT?

Let’s see…what else is happening in my life lately?

The kids are doing their best to make their momma go insane.  Like the Munchkin who had maybe 10 good days in the entire last nine weeks…well, she turned it around and had a good week last week with NOOO cards pulled—ALL WEEK.  YES!  She finally figured it out!!  But wait…yesterday?  Worst day yet.  Today?  Not much better.  And then there’s K-man, who suddenly regressed back to wetting his britches at least twice a day after being completely potty trained with few accidents for MONTHS now.  Hello??  What’s the deal?  Only thing I can figure out with that is that maybe he’s feeling the upset of the daycare closing and maybe that’s causing the regression.  That is the only thing going on that would make any sense anyways.  And I have no clue what’s going on with Munchkin.  Gonna get an evaluation from a professional on that one…maybe that will do some good.  As of right now, someone is wearing a pullup over his big boy pants and someone else is writing “I will follow directions.” about 20 times.  Stubborn kids.  But I know all about stubborn.  I wrote my share of lines when I was a kid…I’m not sure it broke the stubborn but it sure kept me out of trouble for a few hours.  LOL! 

Now.  What to fix for supper…it has been such a scattered day today. 

But now at least I’ve posted. 

6 comments:

  1. Good luck on the house hunting...a quiet country home sounds pretty nice. Kids are kids. There are no set rules, and yours are no worse than anyone else's. :) Day at a time... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is too far away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what did our Goodwill have to offer you? Find any good deals? I haven't made it over there in several weeks. At one point I was going there at least once a week or at least once every 2. :o) I'm really needing to go take a look at their invintory. :o)

    As for your kids, I'm sure they aren't as bad as some of the kids I've seen come and go out of the office. Don't know why they're going through the stages they are, but never think for a moment that you're not doing a good job. I can tell from your posts and pictures all the progress they have made and how much you all love each other. "This too will pass." :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not your love, but their stages! LOL. I didn't end that last comment right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the idea of you finding a house in Riceville much, much better.

    sorry about your kids giving you trouble. i'll say again....i think it's a conspiracy....but i'm only guessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like her location where she is now! Even though I still don't come over there as much. But you guys do not need to be moving away! Just think of the complaining that you will do when you started to drive to church!!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)