Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hey Look!

I’m back.  Twice in one day.  Be warned, this will more than likely be at least 90% random.  LOL!

First up…the house.  We have been busy little bees. 

  • There’s the very large sheetrock patching in progress on the living room wall.
  • Pictures of the gorgeous decor pieces from our fruitful shopping trip to Hobby Lobby tonight (they’re having some GREAT sales, by the way)
  • The framed piece over the bed was a $12 deal from Habitat Restore (I was thrilled with that one!) and the two small pieces over the bed were HL and they coordinate soooo well…I picked them out…I am so proud of myself!


IMG_5084ewebIMG_5086ewebIMG_5087eweb

 IMG_5088ewebIMG_5095eweb IMG_5090ewebIMG_5094eweb

  • Not pictured is the garage (KC cleaned early this morning)
  • Also not pictured is all the places in our house where clutter collects that are now totally (or almost totally) de-cluttered and cleaned
  • Another thing not pictured is the canvas I put on the playground roofs.  It’s dark grey and looks peachy.  I totally rocked on that one because I forgot to measure for how much canvas, and I completely guesstimated it to be 5 yards.  I had about 6 inches left over and the width was right on. 

Still on the house thing, we had an appraisal done this morning on our house to find out where we’re at on the home value thing.  In two days, our house will be officially for sale.  EEEEEK!  That kinda makes me sad because I love our little house.  *sigh*  I hope some couple that is looking for a first house (or downsizing) comes along and buys our cozy little place.  If they come along by Monday, that would be just peachy.  LOL! 

And now for TOTAL randomness:

  • Munchkin’s therapy has already been quite interesting.  I found it a little humorous when the therapist looked at me with raised eyebrows and said, “She is a very fascinating child.”  I’m pretty sure she was using that word in place of “odd” or “strange” based on her other comments.  LOL.  Another thing I thought was quite interesting was that the therapist told me that she usually could read the situation pretty quickly and easily but that she was getting very mixed and unusual messages from the Munchkin’s behavior and signals.  According to the therapist, we are dealing with some kind of attachment issue/disorder and/or anxiety, and will continue narrowing this down until we figure out what exactly we’re dealing with and exactly HOW to deal with it. 
  • Jango (fat cat) is sick.  I’m not sure what’s going on, but I took him to the vet today because--according to our lovely google-ness--he is showing all signs of kidney or bladder stones and needed to see a vet.  However, they didn’t really seem concerned (at least not about anything except the removal of my arm and leg in payment for bloodwork and consultation) so I brought him back home.  Anyone have any suggestions that don’t involve a vet?  Because unless he is in an ungodly amount of pain, I don’t forsee another vet visit in our future. 
  • It is absolutely amazing what our kids pick up in church!  For those of you who weren’t at church for the revival last weekend, Bro. R preached one night on the weights.  God requiring things of us and us not wanting to put that thing forth for him and it making our life off balance…well, that’s the general overview….not exactly it, but paraphrasing a bit.  Anyway, he used one of the old fashion balance scales and coins, he would drop like a quarter in one side that God was requiring and a dime in the other side to show what it looked like when people weren’t wanting to fulfill God’s complete requirement and it put their life out of balance.  Of course, there was more to it than that, but I don’t have all night.  LOL.  Also, that night, he got in the pulpit at 9 and preached til almost 10.  Great message, but no one was really expecting him to preach that late.  My kids sat like troupers and were actually not even playing during the sermon (they were tired of their toys because they played with them during the song service because I didn’t expect preaching).  I didn’t think they were listening though because I knew they were tired and their eyes were glazed over and they were just staring the majority of the time.  (teehehe…I might have looked like them a couple times myself…not on purpose of course!)  So…this is turning into a long story, but we were in a thrift store this week and there was a balance weight thing on a lower shelf and K-man points at it and says, “Momma, we need money to put in that!” 
  • Driving to church last Sunday (I think it was Sunday), KC swerved and then there was a thump-crunch-crunch
    I didn’t see what it was, but I winced.  “It was already dead, right?” 
    “Nope,” he says, “I think them squirrels have a death wish, I’ve seen I don’t know how many squashed on the road this year.  *long pause*  Population control.” 
    “You’re awful,” I said, “I am SO blogging that!” 

LOL!  And on that note, I’ll wish you goodnight before this post ends up on tomorrows date and I don’t have the two posts in one day that I was bragging about earlier in this post. 

Thanks for dropping by! Have a great day (cuz that’s probably when it is by the time anyone actually reads this).  *grin*

9 comments:

  1. The bedroom looks great!...I get grossed out when something get ran over...mostly snakes...ick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! On the squirrel note: I've seen a lot of them on the road too. Guess they can't wait to get to the other side. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE IT!! You were right it looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the decor....but you probably already knew that since we like alot of the same things.

    i'm kinda sad that you'll be leaving your little house too...and your pergola. *sighing* but alas....it won't be long before you are off making memories in a much larger home. and if you can keep your husband away long enough, i'll come visit you! ;)

    Oh...and as for the "Population control" comment.....that is SO SOMETHING my husband would say! they are two peas in a pod, for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faith, never seen your house up close and personal but it looks VERY lovely. Here's some encouraging words- we sold our house to the very first looker when we were in Marion. Oh, and I had a poopey, stinky baby in the tub while they were looking and they still grabbed it up.
    Will be praying for your little sweetie. God knew her before she was born and none of this takes him by surprise. She is one special little girl! Don't know who nightingale is but I LOVE to run over snakes!! If I don't get them the first time, I stop, turn around and take another go at em!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol yeah, the squirrels can't wait to get to the other side...teeehehe...like...they can't wait for a normal death to get to the other side? Oh. sorry...i'm a little tired and slap happy. LOL!

    I don't like running over anything either, nightingale, but snakes are different...i'm with 5buntings on that one...i LIKE running over snakes. I mean it grosses me out but i still will do it if i can. *grin*

    and thanks for the compliments on the house...it's really coming along. All I could think today when I was cleaning is...huh. I should TOTALLY have done this stuff a LONG time ago so I could be enjoying it, not getting ready to leave it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love to run over snakes. Not black snakes. They eat copper heads and rattle snakes! But definatley the poisonous ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've always had good taste. I think that's funny you told KC you were blogging something. I do that to William or sometimes he'll ask, "You gonna blog that?"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't feel bad if I hit a squirrel. They're dumb and run right under your tire. Definitely "population control" ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)