Friday, October 09, 2009

Ya Can’t Win

For losin. 

Least that’s what my mom always said.  I think it was mom that said it.  Well, it’s true, anyhow.  I’m still kinda creaky and although my mental state feels like I’m better, my body is still mildly protesting.  Only now, what little sick time I might have had is gone…KC’s got it.  And now I’m the only one left to take care of little people AND big people. 

It sure helped his case, though, that I just got over it because I am currently FULL of empathy.  As I took the 19th reheated rice pack to him in bed for his achy chilling body, he moaned, “Bless you, child.”  A few trips later, he said, “Oh honey, now I know exactly what to do when YOU’RE sick like this!” 

I smiled.  I couldn’t help it.  IMG_0209eweb

And then I sat in the living room with no adult company on a Friday night and felt slightly sorry for myself.  Until I remembered that I really needed to get back on top of my computer world after being sick myself all week.  So I turned on some background noise and started working on picture edits again.  One of them is over to the right and the rest are posted here.

I put that one over there because the feeling I get from that photo just says exactly what I feel like right now.  And that was a totally candid shot.  I love it when that happens.

And now….I’m off to bed.  Or to find a snack.  Whichever hits me when I get up.

Later!

3 comments:

  1. Awe... that's my baby! He's so cute! I could just eat him up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always do such a WONDERFUL job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better. Hope the dear little ones don't get it!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)