Thursday, October 08, 2009

Just A Bug

Well, for a little bit of random…(you miss that lately?)

Apparently I don’t have the flu…Just a guess, since I haven’t been to the doc.  I’m just assumin’ since the fever and aches seem to be slowly going away and it’s only been 4 days.  But hear me on this, I AM NOT COMPLAINING about them going away.  I even managed to make a semi-decent attempt to get back on top of things today.

Murphy’s Law of Public Appearances – LVIII
If you take your child to school early in the morning, and you only throw on jeans (or a skirt) and wear the shirt you slept in, skip the shower altogether and just go – bedhead and all, you will meet every single parent that you knew in real life before kids even though you have (in the last six weeks) been completely unaware that they even HAD kids going to the same school as your child.

My library books are all turned back in as of today.  My overdue movie was, too.  The fine fairy magically made it disappear by the time I got back up there to check out.  Totally unexpected, but hey, I wasn’t complainin about that either.  For one, I didn’t have the energy, and two, well…who complains about a blessin?  Not me!  I LOVE the fine fairy! 

I turned in my passport yesterday.  About passed out from the effort of it cuz I was still feeling rotten but had the appointment and didn’t know how to cancel it without going in anyway.  Besides that, we were out of milk, so I had to go out anyway.  Yesterday was a bit rotten.  I was coming out of the grocery store and was SOO whooped that I looked down and saw a dollar bill on the ground and didn’t have the energy to pick it up.  Mostly cuz I’m the type to look around and figure out who lost it instead of just pocketing it, but anyways.  I saw it.  Stepped over it.  Got in the car with my groceries.  Drove home and fell back into bed until time to drag myself out and go get the munchkin. 

Today’s been better.  I fixed taco salad for supper and was actually hungry enough to eat a plate.  Well, I ate what was ON the plate, not the actual plate.  I was ready for some real food after 3 days of chicken noodle soup.  I was getting a little hungry…finally.  Although I must say, a diet of nothing but sips of sprite/water, chicken noodle soup, and a few crackers pulls the belt a few notches tighter really quick.  Not that I was dieting on purpose, of course.  =) 

Anyway, there’s your daily dose of random.  Wash your hands, take your vitamins, and stay away from nasty bugs!  =)

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're feeling better. Your "murphy's law" part made me smile. I think Hubs is getting sick, but I think his is sinuses. We shall see, we shall see. :o) By the way, I'm totally addicted to the CT. Thanks! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel COMPLETELY better soon!! There's nothing harder than being a Mommy and being sick!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)