Friday, October 02, 2009

Apples, Autumn, Aging

A A A, What begins with A?….

uh, pardon me, I had a little Seuss-y moment there.

October is off with a bang…

IMG_4191webOn the first day of October, I had a field trip to the apple orchard with the K-man, then baked a cake, cleaned house, ran errands, had a small party for the K-man’s birthday, did laundry, and on the list goes…

Second day of October, hit the floor runnin’ at six fifteen and haven’t stopped since.  Errands and running around this morning to pick up the unsold consignment items/check (WOOOHOOO…I did GOOD), back in town to pick up a couple things for canning, and then over to K’s mom’s to help with their zillion apples that have to be processed.  The juicer got a WORKOUT today!  And we didn’t make much headway…I’m not kidding..they got apples!  Anyway, I finally got home and showered all the sticky apple off and did more laundry, sat down and almost fell asleep, redesigned the blog, edited pictures, put the kids in the bath, and on and on….

IT NEVER ENDS, PEOPLE! 

IMG_4225web And I’m feeling old.  Old and tired.  And tomorrow’s the all day meeting.  No rest for the weary. 

Speaking of weary, these boys were GA-GA over that nerf ball gun that I found at the consignment sale for two bucks.  They were all into it in this picture…and it has been thoroughly enjoyed in the last day…and thoroughly wearied the parents.  *sigh*  OH WELL

And now I’m gonna TRY to get some rest…so I’m gonna hit the sack now…

Thanks for dropping by.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm tired just reading all of this!
    Hope you get some much needed rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no rest for the wearry. (sp?) I can testify to that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. by the way, love your new look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of you, Faith. You're such a good mommy. Those kids are blessed to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well at least we can mark the All Day Meeting off of our list now! We are done til next year!!! I thought the fellowship hall looked really nice this year!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)