Saturday, September 05, 2009

Something’s Not Right

I think it’s me. 

IMG_9966ewebIMG_9975ewebIMG_9980eweb

Or it may be me when these people figure out I posted these pictures! 

Anyway, you didn’t see any pictures….there are no pictures up there.  Don’t listen if anybody tells you different.  I deleted all those pictures.  *insert evil laugh here*  LOL! 

Anyway, we’re at youth campmeeting this weekend.  We got a wild hair and decided to come over and I’m so glad we did.  Well, I have been glad when I haven’t been feeling like I totally don’t belong anymore.  LOL.  I am feeling so old.  These kids are the ones that I carried around when I was in youth camp.  And now THEY are the young people.  Something is just not right about that. 

I was talking to Wendy tonight…she totally feels my pain cuz she’s right there with me, but anyway, it’s nuts.  It feels like just yesterday, we were the teens causing all the drama and now we’re rolling our eyes and wondering if our drama made our youth leaders roll THEIR eyes…LOL.  Yeah…it’s nuts. 

Playing volleyball with the kids yesterday and today made me feel the same way.  I looked around at those guys and really missed the good ol’ days…

Notes from an ex youth…

  1. Seriously, the rules aren’t a bad thing.  In five to ten years, you are going to be the one looking at MY kids and saying, “What’s with all the drama about the rules?  They’re really there for your benefit.”
  2. Enjoy this moment.  Enjoy your friends.  Because in five to ten years, you may look around and wonder what happened to those days and those people will probably never all be together for the same reasons/in the same place again.
  3. Staying up late and getting up early is a lot harder when you get old.  It’s also harder to sleep in places that aren’t your own bed.
  4. I’m real glad the spirit of God hasn’t changed.  The kids are different, the scenery is a little different, but service tonight ROCKED!  I was so glad to see some young people taking steps in the right direction.  God answers prayer. 

ANYWAY.  I’m quite obviously behind on my pictures since I still have beach pics that I promised to finish posting and haven’t gotten to, plus now I have all these youth camp pics to edit and post.  I got some great shots, too!  As you can see by the pictures above.  OH NO, WAIT.  You didn’t see those.  I deleted them.  Right.  Yeah.  They were great pictures, too!  Don’t worry….some people took a few GREAT shots of me when I wasn’t looking and I’m going to DELETE those, too.  JUST LIKE I DELETED THE ONES IN THIS POST!  HAH! 

Well, got one more service in the am, which means another early morning trip to the shower house (I kid you not, we are literally camping…it’s too bad I don’t need any spider shots for this month’s photo hunt because I think there is a giant spider in residence of every last doorway on this property.  YIKES.  I’m trying to think of all the bugs they must be eating instead of thinking of them crawling into bed with me.  *SHUDDER*).  Yeah, like I was saying.  Time for bed.  LOL! 

G-night!

11 comments:

  1. Yes I remember those early morning walks across the campground that you & I used to make in our pjs, hoping no one would see us. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the "other" photo.. of B. K....hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:53 PM

    Who's tipping the portie these days?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!!

    Lori, there was no porties this time. LOL! I guess because they put in a second showerhouse/bathroom and didn't need that extra toilet. Only thing is, I had no idea that the new showerhouse was there. Till we left. :-O

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I still don't feel bad that I got a room with a shower and toilet in there!!! Trust me! Loved every minute of it. But I had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "IT IS WRITTEN" :-) By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. I love you Sis Faith :-)

    "IT IS WRITTEN" :-) If thine enemy be hungry , give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty,
    give him water to drink: for thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the Lord shall reward thee. It's ok that you use that picture of me.. I love you Sis Faith

    " IT IS WRITTEN " :-) For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patienly? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God. :-) I love you Sis Faith..

    "smiling big time over here"

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Sis LEANN! You're supposed to use the "it is writtens" on the DEVIL!! *grin* what are you trying to say? LOL! No worries...I'm not excluded from the embarrassing pictures...I just haven't had a chance to post any more HERE yet. Hahahaha! By the way, I love you, too! You KNOW it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pics you so called *deleted* were good im glad you didnt post any of me cause every time i saw you with a camera my eyebrows shot up !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Teehehe, Sallie Ann....do you by chance have a FACEBOOK account? I have 107 pictures posted there. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....i mean DELETED there! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I saw a real good of you on the FB pictures, Sallie Ann. hehehehe

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)