Thursday, September 10, 2009

Solved

IMG_0385webWhat do you get when you take (well, I didn’t TAKE them, I bought them, actually) two mini skirts from the thrift store + one tall church of God girl? 

Well, if that’s all you take, you have two cute skirts that I wouldn’t show my face (or knees…or…um…anyway…lol) in public with…

BUT….

If you also throw into that equation, a smart mom (who suggested the idea), a pair of scissors, a sewing machine, and 15 minutes…

You get this: IMG_0397web

IMG_0388web

And then if you try it on, try to take a picture of yourself in it, and throw in some terrible lighting, you get this:

OH WELL. 

For what it’s worth, I think I’m getting better at this redoing skirts thing…cuz this one was a breeze!  KNOCK ON WOOD!  LOL!

So now I have a Gap miniskirt -- that I can wear in public. 

LOL! 

Now I need to go shopping to find a shirt to go with it.  Teehehe!

Moving on, got more pictures to work on and stuff to create, so I need to run.  I just posted a couple shots of a cute kid that I took pics of over the weekend.  They are on Always Faith Photography

I just stopped for a second to think about all that I still need to get done…and whoa.  Can’t think about it.  Just gotta keep moving.  *wide-eyed glazed look*

2weeksoffreebiepromoSSG500Oh, also, here’s a tip for you digital scrappers out there: the designer for the creative team that I’m on has a promo going on starting Sunday. 

Click on the ad to check it out.    

While I’m thinking about the digital scrapping stuff, LeAnn, the website I was telling you about this past weekend, that has the best tutorials and classes on the whole digital thing is JessicaSprague.com.  She’s got lots and lots of stuff and it’s awesome!  And your name doesn’t have to be LeAnn --if that sort of thing interests you, check it out.  LOL!

Later!

10 comments:

  1. Such a smart girl (woman) you are!
    It looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the skirt. you are very smart. love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thrifty and clever! Looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool skirt(s)! LOL. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks cute. I have a few skirts that are ripped where the split has been sewed together. But I have kept them because I have bought a few skirts that are short that I want to put together. We need to get together and have a sewing day! Then a shopping day to find some tops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's adorable! I love it! I'd never be able to sew in a straight enough line to make that happen - you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! I can't sew. Honestly, Michael can sew a button on better than me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's soo neat! Thanks for sharing.
    TR

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is there anything you CAN'T do girl??!!?? "grin" The skirt is really cool.. I'm going to tell the youth girls about this. Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)