Saturday, September 19, 2009

Sleepy Week

Well, I haven’t been up to much this week…well, at least nothing much that I feel like blogging about.  LOL.  I did a couple more pages…working on knocking out this month’s creative team assignments as well as trying to catch up on the photo backlog…

They’re posted here.

I need to get to the backlog that includes the rest of the beach trip pictures but I don’t know when that’s gonna happen.  Got too much else going on.  September and October are CRAZY months for us.  This is the only weekend we’ve had free so far and it’s only free because with Ryan being sick, they cancelled the choir recording this weekend.  Not only that, but it IS the only free weekend we have from now until November.  HOW CRAZY IS THAT?

Yeah, I know.  Crazy.  And somewhere in there I have a ton of things that I need to “fit” in…like a kid’s birthday, helpin at the church, photo editing a couple sessions….the list goes on forever

And all the things I should be doing to stay on top of things have totally fell by the wayside this week because of all the sleepy and blah days.  *sigh* 

So much to do.  It’s overwhelming.  I just want to crawl back in bed and sleep forever.  The rain isn’t helping that, but at least I haven’t had to water any of the outside plants this week.  LOL! 

Oh, and I got my new camera.  Upgraded the ol’ Rebel and though I’m still in the Rebel family, this Xsi is Fayun-ceee!  I might even have to break out the manual…yikes.  A lot is the same, but the settings are a little different.  So far I like it a lot though!  Can’t wait to use it on some portraits and see what kind of difference it makes.  Oh and did I mention that I had the old Rebel cleaned and it did help…but I’m still happy to have this new one.  The new lens is a Canon IS (image stabilizer) lens which I really wanted, but I haven’t been able to tell the difference yet.  Course, I guess I won’t really be able to tell until I start uploading some of the new pics……but anyway.  Merry Christmas to me.  ;-)  I’m saving the box to wrap for myself at Christmas.  HAHA.  Unless I can get enough gigs to pay it off before then…in which case I’ll tell the honey he’s back on the hook for my Christmas present.  LOL!  Just kidding around. 

Welp, this concludes my ramblings.  I had to get on and say something cuz it’s been several days and that’s naughty of me…so now I have.  Said something, that is. 

Later!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Faith--
    I have been promised by my hubby that I can finalllllly buy a digital SLR camera before the new baby arrives. I'm just tired of the delay that my little pocket cameras have always have. I miss too many good shots cause those kids are so crazy fast! I've been looking at the Rebel. I am not a big photographer but I read this post and thought I'd ask if you had any recommendations for a beginner:) I'm looking in the 400-500 range...or cheaper if I can get it. Gimme some tips! espicey@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, just think, your washer could be broken for at least a week with six people in the house!
    You should see my laundry pile!
    Their supposed to be here to fix it tomorrow, it's a control board issue.
    See, things could be worse.
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you may have guessed, from some of my previous questions, I've been looking for a new camera myself. And a SLR at that. Is yours a 12.2 MP? Do your lens' from your previous Rebel fit on your new camera? Just curious. I've been looking at the Canon 40d, 60d, even the XSi. I laughed when you said you were going to wrap up the box so you have something to open at Christmas! That's not a bad idea. LOL. Enjoy your new camera. You'll have to show it off to me and let me drool all over it. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)