Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Revenge, Peace, And Obsolete Shower Houses

I am on the last handful of general youth camp picture editing (not including a few special edits that need to be done) and I’m quite tired of editing. If it weren’t for the frequent chuckles I’m having over these candid shots, it would be much more boring. LOL. I really wasn’t TRYING to get shots of people with weird expressions, it just happens when you take candid shots. And I would take posed shots, but when you point out the fact that you are trying to take a picture, most of the kids I know that are between 11 and 19, immediately put their hand in front of their face. Therefore, I am stuck taking candids.

This does create a bit of a monster sometimes though, and when I passed over my camera so that I could play a little volleyball for old times’ sake, here’s what I found on it when I got it back….

             IMG_0170ewebIMG_0172eweb

Oops. And just so everyone knows I’m a good sport, I decided I would give the candid shots of me (which were much worse, in my opinion) equal treatment and post those, too. LOL!

Anyways. Sunday was a bit rainy and damp, but I did still manage to get a few good shots…here’s one of my favorites:

IMG_0246ewebThe scenic views from the campground are so peaceful…it’s one of my favorite parts about going there.

One of my not so favorite things about the campground was the shower house.

Maybe you’re wondering about the title of this post? Well, last time I stayed on the campgrounds in one of those cabins that is really just a room with two beds (literally), was about ten years ago. Been awhile, right? So I haven’t been there (and needed to shower on the campground) since they put in a new shower house. Actually, I had NO IDEA that they HAD a new shower house. Until Sunday afternoon RIGHT BEFORE WE LEFT. Yeah.

So Saturday morning and Sunday morning, me an the munchkin hiked all the way right PAST the new shower house about 50 yards farther to the OBSOLETE shower house…AND for the bathroom trips in between. I am so blond. And apparently I have PERFECT timing since I never ran into anyone coming in or out of the new shower house as I walked past it.

And here I was, getting me and the munchkin up right before sunrise and walking all the way to the OLD bathhouse so that we wouldn’t have to stand in line for a shower because all the girls were saying how the lines were long and you had to be in there EARLY to get a shower…

Both mornings, I had the place virtually to myself. The whole time I was in there (well, a couple girls did come in for a few minutes the first morning). But there was NEVER anyone using the bathroom in there. It didn’t even cross my mind to wonder why the shower stalls weren’t even wet when I got there. And when I complained about how the showers had no pressure and one of them didn’t even have hot water, no one seemed to understand. I did think to myself at one point, man, when I was at youth camp, this place was a madhouse…do kids not need to shower or use the bathroom anymore? DUH!

Sunday, I was informed that the new bathhouse is what everyone was now using. Apparently no one uses the old one anymore. And where was the hubby and boy showering? Yep, the new one. I was the only one who missed the memo. But hey…I didn’t have to stand in line…NOT once. And I had my pick of showers. Even if half of them didn’t work…LOL!

6 comments:

  1. Us girls aren't allowed to go out before light and 6 was the earliest we coyld go out. So by the time my group(Or rather everyone that went with me) got out of bed and got ready there were people over there already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh JOY!! What time did you get up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The obsolete showerhouse part was funny!! I was waiting for you to say something about spiders and bugs in there. LOL. It's pretty bad when you walk right past the new one though. But like you said, at least you had your pick of showers and never had to wait in line. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  4. it might have been the first year i was allowed to stay in the basement!! wich was only three years ago but all the girls were using the old shower for fear that the new one was to packed for use Ha Ha !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cherl R10:20 PM

    There is an old shower house???? I'm too new to know that I guess. You'll have to show me where it is. Anyway, my funny first time there shower story was my lack of sleep the first night due to waking up about every hour to check the clock and make sure I beat ALL the teen girls to the shower. I finally gave up on sleep and trecked to the shower house at 5:30am and boy it was nice and quiet and the showers were hot! It was not until later that day that I learned the girls weren't even allowed out of their rooms till daylight. I got better sleep the next night :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea, there is a "new" shower house
    a much more "used" shower house
    a shower house with lots of soapy slimey hair in the drains.
    The old one is much more clean.
    It didn't take too awful long to clean.
    The "new" one?
    Well, lets just say it is not a nice anniversary present!
    There's got to be a better way to it!
    I say that with a smile and thankful heart, just happy to serve the Lord ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)