Sunday, July 12, 2009

Yes, Amen, Let It Be So

I am now officially a…*GULP*

IMG_9073eweb…Mini-van Mom. 

Goodbye Pilot (in the background), Hello Odyssey (front and center).

Farewell old friend, you did me well.  And to the new owners, whoever you may be, please enjoy the occasional appearance of Chuck E Cheese tokens

In the van’s favor, there are lots of cool perks to driving a van…for one, it’s really comfortable to ride in…even the very back seat…for ADULTS, not just people under 3 feet tall…and there’s lots of storage.  The rear entertainment center is the bomb, too.  I forsee that getting much use.  HAH.  Also, I have a sunroof again…that kinda puts the cool factor up a notch…LOL!  And for a van, it looks pretty sharp, so I guess I’ll just deal with it.  *grin* 

My favorite though?  Wireless headphones for the rear entertainment system that allow the kids to watch a movie and mom and dad to listen to the radio or KC’s I-pod.  Hallelujah.  To celebrate, I put one of the kids favorite (and utterly annoying) ABC movies in the car DVD stash.  There are good sides to this new stage in my life.  I’ll just keep telling myself that.

9 comments:

  1. Why am I not surprised that it's black and a Honda to boot? :o) It does look sharp and nice. Did this dealer give you the price you were asking rather than rolling their eyes? Hope you got a bargin! Sounds like a nice van to be going from "barely a teen in the back seat" to a mini-van-Mom! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Is Eugene, Whit, and Connie included with this Odessey package.....LOL....
    Dad asked.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, welcome!! To the life of mini-van moms. I love love love my van. When I got in a car acccident last month, i had a rental car that was...well....a car. I hated it!! Once you go Mini, you never go back. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Vans are so roomy. I hate the rear air and small backseat in the Pilot. We stopped to look at some in Asheville on our way home today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since you went mini-van, at least you went "classy" mini-van. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! I had my scope on an Odyssey Touring about a year ago. You're so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. o my gosh faith, I am sure I am right behind you! love the new car!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl....mini-vans are great!! I love mine, kinda dreading the day I don't have kids so that my reason for having one is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your MiniVan and if we went that route then I do want a Honda and I wouldn't try being a copy cat but I really like the black one!!! Although it will take some time for me to get used to you and Casey driving it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)