Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Busy Beaver

Well, I have gotten home and all back into the swing of things….and again I find myself occupied and away from the blog.  *sigh*

I’m trying to get caught up on the final lessons of the photo editing class. 

I finally caved on doing those Vistaprint freebies and created and ordered myself some business cards.  Here’s what is supposed to be coming: 
AFPhotographyBCweb

The funny part is how many shots it took to get this, with me trying to set it up and take it using my kid as the tripod/self-timer.  Oh well.  It still beat me having to get up and go hit the button again every time.  Although had I really given it consideration, I probably would have used the tripod and just got the munchkin to hit the button.  LOL.  If there’s ever a next time, I’ll have to keep that in mind.  I think the image turned out pretty cool though.  I used several of the techniques I learned in class. 

I should post a few of the outtakes…hahaha. Maybe I’ll use the outtakes for the last class thing I need to do…it’s a collage anyways, so it’d work perfect.  LOL!

Maybe I can get to that tomorrow since tonight is almost over.  LOL!

I’m trying to get the photos from the Ohio trip uploaded and etc.
grandma storyboardHere’s probably the only one that I’ll ever get back around to uploading.  Unless of course, I end up using some Ohio shots for….well…see next paragraph….

There’s that little mini photo hunt (actually TWO) that I’m still working on getting pictures for…

I took the kids to play in the water at one of the city parks today.IMG_9265

IMG_9106I did this trash to treasure project from last week’s thrift store finds – this project took me like an entire week to do just because of all the drying time and then we went away and I wasn’t here to finish it… 

I actually did both of the frames exactly the same (only they are made out of different stuff) but the “after” shot of the rectangle frame turned out lousy so I didn’t post it.  So both frames went from wooden and blah to IMG_9271chalkboards.  *grin*  I like them.  But I definitely don’t care for painting chalkboard paint on glass.  Takes WAY too long and it’s too hard to keep the lines out of it.  I’m thinking of putting scrabble tiles on the edges but I lost the link that had some ideas for sayings to use.  I thought about putting “PRAY WITHOUT CEASING” on one and using it for a prayer list but I’m not sure yet.  I might just leave them the way they are cuz they look pretty neat. 

Anyways, that’s my last few days…oh plus laundry.  Lots of laundry.  NOT pictured.  LOL! 

3 comments:

  1. i think your business card turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome business card! I had already been thinking about making some for my business b/c a guy at church can get them done for free, but it wouldn't have my picture on it. LOVE it! Your kid and your editing worked out great. :o)

    It's weird b/c I've been checking on posts from you and none have couple up over the past day or 2 and then tonight this one shows up and says your wrote it 23 hours ago. Anywho...bed time. zzz...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the chalk board idea. I have been keeping an eye out for a tray to make into a chalk board for here at the house.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)