Saturday, June 27, 2009

The VBS

IMG_8704

Is finally finished.  Here’s the cleaned up craft department…all the crafts sorted by class and nearly ready for pickup on Sunday.

What a JOB! 

It was more than reward enough to hear some of the kids saying that they’d been to the church across the street and they liked THIS one better!  And one kid was not feeling well at all but when her mom told her she could stay home and rest, refused because she didn’t want to miss a night of VBS.  That was sweet! 

And we had a LOT of new kids.  I’m not sure how the count wasn’t over 50 total because I thought I had over 50 craft sets made up, but somehow we still ran out of things in crafts and had to do some quick improv!  Yay to K on most of that!  She was the bomb in all the VBS stuff. 

Actually, M&K rocked the whole week…in spite of all the last minute changes that got thrown their way. 

Like the night I had to fill in for rehearsal as Potiphar’s (played by Robert) wife and be the wicked conniving woman who tried to get Joseph (played by Jake) to…well, ya’ll know your Bible stories…ANYWAYS!  I was blushing worse than K, I think, so they put KC in as Joseph (which made TWO Joseph’s but I only had eyes for one…LOL).  Well, I guess I surprised people because I keep hearing about it.  LOL!  I think I’m happy though that people are surprised that I can be so good at “wicked and conniving.”  ROFL!  Unfortunately, I don’t think they were surprised at that part, since it seems to be more about my convincing screams that shocked them.  Teeehehe.  Oh well.  It was definitely good for a laugh.  Most of my “crying” was actually giggles, especially after my “husband (Potiphar)” came running back with the “guards” to see why I was screaming and said, “Honey! What’s wrong?!?”  HILARIOUS!  And then when Bro K (who was one of the guards who brought the Jake/Joseph to Potiphar to be condemned to jail) got really into the role and started fake beating up the prisoner as he was taking him away….TOO FUNNY!!!  I was really glad that the original actress for Potiphar’s wife (Stacy) showed up for the actual skit though because while I was giving it my best shot for K in rehearsal, I was very much hoping I wouldn’t have to do it for the actual skit.  Because, you know, I’m better at funny than serious, and the whole Potiphar’s wife scene is totally not supposed to be that funny!  But I would have done it if I’d had to…cuz I love K like that. 

Anyways, I gots to get up in the morning and get some cooking done to take up to the church for after the VBS program in the morning.  I hope all our kids show up again and bring their families.  It could be awesome.  Quite a few say they’re going to start coming all the time. 

Well, time for bed!

Later!

3 comments:

  1. I had fun at VBS. Orginally I wasn't in the spirit to do so but it was good to get my mind off of things!!! Also we didn't get to see what was going on in other activities but glad that it is over with! I am also glad that Aydan and Levi got to participate and the book was cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What was your theme this year? Our's is WildWood Forest and doesn't start until sometime in Aug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was kind of hoping you would actually get to do it...I was dying to see some of those kids' faces when you let out that scream *LOL*

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)