Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tweetsie Pics

IMG_8463IMG_8474IMG_8509IMG_8515IMG_8517IMG_8519 IMG_8557IMG_8546IMG_8622IMG_8559IMG_8558IMG_8578

Click on any of them to see them larger.  Also, a few shots with the K-man’s face are over on the private blog

Picture commentary:
1. AHHH…I’m in jail.
2. Cowboys ‘N Injuns {corniest quote from the train shows: I think that engine (pointing at Thomas) is talking to THEM Injuns (gesturing at the Indians)}. 
3. Nonna and K-man in the cars (I’m sorry, but these bumper cars make the typical bumper cars look cheesy.  I LOVE these bumper cars…you actually have to drive on a “ROAD.”)
4. Munchkin and Poppa – Munchkin puts the BUMPER into these bumper cars.  Poppa was having flashbacks to MY early driving days.  HAHA!!!
5. My feet on the ferris wheel. 
6. The view from the top of the ferris wheel.  Long way down!  See our car in the little white box (bottom center)?
7. Munchkin and Sir Topham Hatt.  K-man freaked out and was climbing up my head trying to get away when I tried to put him in the picture.  So he stayed with me.  He did later wave when we went by again, but he would not go near.  LOL!
8. Bouncin on the Giant Inflatable Thomas.  I laughed at the mid-air shot. 
9. Awww…getting ready to leave…they decided to walk together. 
10. The Official Tweetsie Train
11. Thomas: close up
12. Thomas coming back into the station…as we were getting ready to ride a second time before leaving.

Most notable quote:
"I guess Thomas really IS real.” *awestruck sigh* (overheard Munchkin talking to herself on the way home)

We missed KC on this trip.  We went in the middle of the week (6/11) to avoid some of the crowds and he didn’t have any spare vacation days that weren’t already scheduled, so I took my parents to help me with the kids.  Actually my dad really wanted to go just because we hadn’t been since I was Munchkin’s age and he has a bit of free time right now, so I decided that would be a nice thank you for all his hard work on the playground out back.  *grin*  It was funny though because when the train leaves the station, the conductor on the train says, “LET’S RIDE, KC!” And the kids were like, “WHERE?  Daddy’s up there?  I don’t see him!?!”  We laughed. 

Except for the rain, it was a fun trip.  I didn’t take pictures of the giant emergency ponchos that dad bought (because it was such a downpour and we were on top of the mountain with no decent indoor places to hide out in to wait out the rain).  I thought about taking a picture of them but decided I didn’t want to remember that part.  I looked like a giant yellow thing and you could have easily fit me, the two kids, AND THE DOUBLE STROLLER inside it….and the hood wouldn’t stay on my head, which rather defeated the purpose.  And then the rain stopped.  But aside from being a fashion disaster, it did prevent me from getting wet even after the rain stopped (cuz you know, there were still wet seats from the rain).  Ah well.  I say I don’t want to remember it, and then I blog about it.  Oops. 

Kay, I’m done with this topic.  We went to Tweetsie.  We had fun.  The End.

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures ! Every kid seems to LOVE Thomas ! I'm sorry we couldn't go with ya'll this time .

    I love your new blog design !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures. I think they are better than mine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics! Looks like you all had a great time despite the fashion show you put on due to the rain. :o) Like your new header too.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)