Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Reason #42811…

Why, when using sites like Craigslist, you should be extremely cautious and/or don’t commit to buying something sight unseen:

View Larger Map

Still not sure what I’m talking about?  Well, when you pull up into what looks like a 1940’s junkyard and the kids are running around in a sprinkler that is about 9 feet tall and made of PVC pipe with a pump handle to turn it off and on, you kinda start wondering.  Call me clueless, but I wasn’t aware that you could find this kind of place so close to metropolitan areas. 

I didn’t buy what I went there to look at. 

That picture up there?  That’s the place.  And see how the bottom says Map data 2009??  No joke.  If it hadn’t been for the kids running around, I’d have had serious worries of never being heard from again.  Actually, if it hadn’t been for the kids running around the yard, I would probably have turned my car around and hightailed it out of there because I was having serious doubts.  Those two metal roof buildings….those are the houses.  I’m no snob and honestly the people were as nice as can be.  But when they take you to look at what you are there to look at and they take you to a car with knee high grass growing up through the wheels and open the back door and start pulling it out, you start to have second thoughts.  Especially when we’re talking a decent chunk of money.  We kinda did that whole thing with the playground…and I didn’t want to end up with that kind of “looks good on the outside but then you pay for it and get it home and OH…it isn’t in as good of shape as it looked” deal again. 

I’m not one to judge a book by it’s cover, and just talking to them, they seemed like very nice folks, but there’s a line between very nice folks and buying something from them.  Know what I mean? 

3 comments:

  1. Please, please tell me that you did not go by yourself & Munchkin??!!!! I feel the heart attack coming on....

    Love you

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)