Thursday, June 25, 2009

I Wonder

(Sorry, this is deep…you may or may not want to skip on by)

If Michael Jackson had one more day to live, what he would do differently before he died. 

I wasn’t a huge MJ fan, but I know some of the things he did that made him popular and I’m fairly certain they could not be classified in any way as glorifying Christ.  I’m not his judge, and I can’t say where he’s at tonight, but, in all seriousness, I am fairly certain that he’s probably not resting in peace. 

And like him or dislike him, that is a sad thought.

People enter eternity everyday, and if you stop and think about it, it’s a very sobering thought, but not knowing (or knowing OF) those people or how they lived, it’s easy to have hope that they ARE resting in peace. 

But when you hear of the death of people you know (or know OF) and you know how they lived and what spirit was evident in their lives, and that the spirit of God was, just as clearly, NOT evident in their lives, there are some tough conclusions to those scenarios.  Very sad. 

Years ago, the dad of an acquaintance of mine got sick.  I knew (of) what kind of life the man was living and when I saw him, I didn’t say anything about God, or death, or even exhibit the spirit of God before him in my life, because I wasn’t where I should have been and I didn’t feel right about telling someone else what they should do when I wasn’t doing what I was supposed to be doing.  The next week, he died.  I didn’t know him that well, and according to the acquaintance, he wasn’t someone you’d really want to be around much, but I have never stopped regretting that I might have been his last chance and I blew it because I was being a jerk.  Nice guy or not, he still had a soul, and it’s a terrible thing to think that you might have had a large part of the responsibility on where that soul ended up.

I am quite sure I have never had any kind of opportunity to have any influence on MJ’s soul, but every time I hear of someone dying and I have little hope of their having a peaceful eternity, my mind always goes back to that man that I wasn’t a witness to and I am sad all over again. 

Lesson learned though, and by the grace of God, I’ll not repeat that mistake again. 

I saw a few comments of people saying they were glad MJ was dead because of whatever reason, but yah know, that kind of bothers me a little. 

Personally, I only like it when bad guys die in movies.  Because in the movies, they’re not really dead.  It’s not eternity we’re talking about.  In real life, when the bad guys die, it’s sad.  Yeah, the world has one less bad guy walking around, but if the bad guys found Jesus, the world would have one less bad guy walking around AND when he died, hell would have one less soul to claim.  It’s a win-win situation. 

Anyway.  Just what’s on my mind tonight. 

5 comments:

  1. Good thought on siezing the time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you posted this. I, too, have seen the comments, and it disturbs me. Especially when right now a young mother I know has Stage IV cancer and does not know Jesus. Like their lifestyles or not, Jesus still loves them. So should we.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking such very similar thoughts since I heard the news.

    As much as I disapproved of his lifestyle, choices, etc., it was a reminder and saddened me that we live in a very lost and dying world.

    Life is but a breath compared to eternity ahead. It's a good reminder and challenge to do all we can go spread the Good News of life for eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know what you mean and I agree

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thoughts. Know exactly what you mean.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)