Tuesday, June 02, 2009

I Have

The best dad in the world. 

See what he did?

IMG_3834Isn’t this the coolest?

IMG_3827IMG_3831 

It will be even cooler when I get something pulled together to put on the roofs (rooves? LOL)IMG_3835IMG_3828

Another pic of the kids climbing on the playground. 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_3830

And here’s our leftover wood mess.  This will be on my project list to neaten back up tomorrow.  Woohoo!  LOL!

Maybe I can find a “before” picture of the towers when I get back tonight…but for now I have to go get ready to go to Sister’s Night Out…=)

Later!

 

PS I’m back.  Sister’s night out was fun.  And here’s the before/after pics…
IMG_3390IMG_3830
Before: Playground parts and lumber – After: bits and pieces of leftover lumber. 

The pallets came from the block wall stuff, they just happened to be stacked near our playground lumber stack.  In the before picture, you can kinda see them over at the back left corner of the picture.

IMG_3485IMG_3835
Before: the sad towers need help ----  After: 10 zillion times better.

That back tower was especially rough…you couldn’t even climb on it because the floor was actually broken and it was falling apart.  Now it is repaired, the side deck on the back tower is concreted into the ground, there are steps and rails to the second tower and deck, the swings are hanging and there are two of the three slides hooked up and useful. 

Oh yeah, and when the kids came home and I told Munchkin that Poppa was there to help me put the playground back together, Poppa (my dad) laughed.  He was absolutely right.  LOL…he didn’t help me put it back together.  HE put it back together and I helped HIM.  *GRIN*  There is absolutely no way I could have done it. 

Although I did use the sawsaw once.  And the 80lb bag of quick-crete…that was me.  LOL.   

PPS to the next owners of this house.  Enjoy your playground, cuz we ain’t moving it.

5 comments:

  1. Cool playground! Looking great! Sweet of your dad to help put it together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thats nicer than my first apt. LOL Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so when you gonna have us all over to play on the playground and sit in/on that GORGEOUS new deck????
    Personally, I think you need to have a "New Playground/Deck Party"!!!

    They are both the bomb!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks totally amazing!!! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome playground ! I'm sure the kids will enjoy lots of hours on it . My Little Man loves to play outside . It wears him out and helps the day go by quickly for me too .

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)