Saturday, May 23, 2009

Warning! Picture Overload!

First up…Dollywood on Wednesday.  The K-man and I went with K & A and their boys.  I was planning on taking the Munchkin, too, but that didn’t work out.

So the pics (what few I have without K-man’s face…the ones with his face showing are HERE):

All the boys riding the bee and reflections of the flying elephants (LOL)
IMG_7974webIMG_web
More flying elephant reflections and K & Vi riding one of them there flying elephants.  Vi was not a fan.  This was at the beginning of the ride and he spent the rest of it with his head buried in his mama’s lap.  Poor kid.  LOL!
IMG_8000webIMG_8005web
The boys in the pig ride…and then me taking K-man and G on the spinning whirly thing…forget what it was called.  They loved it…laughed and giggled the whole time…I almost fell getting out though from all that spinning.  Hah!
IMG_7984webIMG_7995web
Seriously though…there’s me and four little heads in that teacup there…and THIS was the ride that made us all a little nauseous!  K-man during the last few spins just sat there and moaned, “I’m gonna throw UP.”  (Thankfully, he didn’t, although the other boys scooted away from him real fast…hahah!)
IMG_7998web
The train…by far the K-man’s favorite.  He was so tired by this point that he could barely stay awake, but as his head kept drooping, he was like, “Allllll a…boooarrrrd….”  We were laughing, but in the last 5 minutes of the ride, he could last no longer and knocked out.
 IMG_8033web
K & A on the train with me & all our kids.  By the end of the ride, only one of the four boys was still awake. LOL!  C, the kid in the second pic here was the only boy awake and this pic was on the playground right before we left.
IMG_8032webIMG_8045web 


And these pictures are totally non-Dolly related, but they are just pics I snapped as we were on our way home that evening.  I am a SUCKER for red barns.  Something about them just makes me feel all nostalgic, although I have no idea why.  All I know is I just love them!  And when I see them, I want to take pictures.  So I do.  See?

IMG_8061web IMG_8060web IMG_8059web

And okay.  Now that that is done with, here are some MORE pictures…hehehe!

First off…see how the deck and backyard is coming along?  Don’t know if you remember, but you can see this post for some pics of it in progress. 

It’s still in progress, but it’s getting a LOT closer!

IMG_8062webIMG_8065webIMG_8067webIMG_8066web

Today was exhausting.  Planting, burning brush and scrap decking bits and pieces, leveling off some of the piles of dirt in the yard…I’m beat!  And that pile of gravel is still pretty large.  *sigh*  SOON…very soon!  It’s getting there.

Here’s a before and after shot of a little piece of the potting project I did today.  I took an old clay pot just like the one in the first picture, cleaned it, and spray painted it black.  Then sprinkled a bit of sparkly silver spray paint lightly over it and, ta-da….the black pot showing in the second pic….nice, huh?

IMG_8070webIMG_8068web

And last, but CERTAINLY not least: The new phone.  Alias 2.  I am LOVIN it!

IMG_8073web IMG_8076web IMG_8081web

It’s got a double hinge…and look at the buttons…see how they change when you open it in the different directions?  Texting is so fast now!  ;-)

And that’s it.  Didn’t I mention that I was tired?  I have GOT to get to bed!

8 comments:

  1. Great post! Clay will be jealous of your phone. He's been watching it like a hawk. :o) Love your back yard. You all have done a really super job out there! I'm sure you're enjoying it. :o)

    I love Red barns too. It's the country and farm-girl in me. Nighty night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the phone! And your back yard is looking really cool!!!!!! (When are you puttin' in the pool?????) I'm jealous of your deck!!!!!!!!!
    And why no Munchkin at Dollywood??????????

    The red barns are gorgeous!
    Talk to you later!!!!!
    Happy Memorial Day!!!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ur new phone! Its sooo cool!! Oh and mama and casey got pics of the vacation so you'll have 2 look on there for pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun! Hope you had a great time!:) I personally love the 1st and 2nd pictures of the red barn. If those had a coordinating mat around them in a frame- WOW. Thanks for sharing the great pix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So...I've back tracked and checked out all your posts I've missed. I love all the pictures and your NY ER visit sounds like it was very interesting. I wish you had gotten that picture :0) And just to let you know I happened to ask your hubby at choir practice, the Tuesday night you were gone, when you were coming back. His face notably drooped and he said "Not till Friday" From the expression on his face I would have to say he really did miss you *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love how your back yard is coming together~! very awesome, the elephant ride looks like fun too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:27 PM

    Uhuh, I see that Dr. Pepper in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The yard is looking amazing. and love the text-happy phone. I have a keyboard in mine too...so much quicker to text.
    I love the barns too. They bring out the patriotic in me (and I'm with you, I have no idea why LOL).

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)