Friday, May 22, 2009

Love Me Some Good Deals!!

Some of the deals we found at yardsales/thrift stores in NY last week: 

This was an unexpected steal….got a giant box full of a mixture of plastic duplo type blogs (cheapies), these wooden blocks and plastic nuts and bolts, ink pens, around 15 matchbox cars, two plastic cars and a plastic road track set, a toy motorcycle, a nickel, and a Starbucks gift card (which I’m still unsure of it’s worth…possibly nothing)….grand total for the box: $0.50….minus the nickel = $0.45

  blocks2blocks
Pictured here are the wooden blocks with the plastic nuts and bolts.  They filled a plastic grocery sack.  The duplo blocks also filled a large plastic bag, but they were cheapies, so although the kids played quite a bit with them, I left them in NY.  Some of the matchbox cars were cheapies, too, so a few of those were left in the trash in NY and the plastic road set went to Nonna’s for the kids to play with over there. 

booksThe books….all from the Goodwill.  A couple were $.50 each and the rest were $.99 each.  Still a good deal, especially since a couple of them had retail prices of $15 and $20 each….

  bowls2bowls1
Set of 3 – Pier 1 Imports bowls.  Heavy pottery….$5 for all three….I was happy.  They go perfectly in my kitchen!

dumptruck

Metal Dump Truck…sturdy and in good condition: $.50 – this one has already been used way more than fifty cent’s worth…

monga
A Monga….a baseball bat that when you hit the ball it makes this BONG sound: $.50 and the lady also threw in a free tennis ball and two wooden kids hockey sticks (pictured in the bucket below) because she thought K-man was so cute!  Hehe!

bucket

Buckets and shovels (some not pictured): $1.00 for 3 large and medium buckets and 2 large and medium shovels and one metal sand rake

shoes
Thomas shoes a size too big (for the K-man to grow into): $1.00

Not pictured:

  • a horse barn and corral with around 6 horses collected from various yard sales (total for all: approximately $2.00)
  • a brown pair of dress shoes for the K-man: $1.00
  • a jacket for me: $5.00

And I think that’s about it….at least that I remember.  *smiles* 

Other things I wanted but couldn’t fit in the car:

  • A turtle sandbox and lid: $2.00
  • A tag-along bike (ya know, the half bike that attaches to a grown up bike): $5.00
  • Sears X-cargo Hardshell Rooftop carrier: $20.00 -- I was actually THISCLOSE to buying it, it was JUST like the one we borrowed from friends at church, but the folks selling it couldn’t find the key and it was locked, so there was no way I could get it in our car without being able to fill it up or get it tied on top with the other one.  It was in excellent condition, too, so it would have been SO worth it, but I just couldn’t get it home.  *Sigh* 

Kay.  That was fun.  I love good deals. 

Hopefully I’ll get a chance to blog again soon with stuff that we’ve been doing this week. 

2 comments:

  1. Great finds girl! I found a lot more than that little bottle too. Maybe I'll share them with you all one day. Wouldn't hurt to check a starbucks to see if the card has anything on it. R U even a coffee drinker? :o) If you want my personal oppinion...which is free...the North has way cool, if not better, yard/garage sales. Here it is a hit-&-miss...mostly junk yard sales. Ppl probably say that about mine too. *lol* :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good deals!! Especially the Pier 1 bowls. I like those.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)