Monday, March 23, 2009

Hello Monday

Dear Monday Messages,
This will be a short edition because my index finger is not feeling so hot.  I jabbed it on something sharp in my purse, right under the nail (OW!), and after it stopped bleeding profusely, has been painful and throbbing ever since.  Kinda makes it hard to type.  Or to do much of anything, actually.  You don't realize how much you use your index finger until it hurts to use it.  *sigh*
Sincerely,
Pained

Dear Backyard,
It's nice to see a little progress.  And fortunately, I remembered to take a few pictures today so that we'd have a "sorta" before shot.  Although it's kinda in the middle of the backyard project now.  Anyway, we moved the pile of lumber to a neat stack in the woods tonight, where it shall remain for who knows how long...probably until it magically reforms itself into something resembling a playground.  And since we all know that those things just don't magically put themselves back together, it's anyone's guess as to when it will actually look like a playground again...especially since it is now not such an eyesore and therefore not such a priority to fix...haha.  But thanks for your patience, my dear backyard.  We will have you all nice and livable before summer (hopefully).  =) 
Yours Until We Sell (whenever THAT might be)
One of the Homeowners

Dear Giant Rocks,
Whew.  Too bad I couldn't back the truck all the way over to the hill where you needed to be in order to unload you....instead I was forced to employ child labor (LOL) for the little rocks and haul the big ones myself -- all the way across the yard about fifty zillion times.  And then you had the nerve to only cover a pathetically small part of the hill.  Ohhhhh...well. 
Seriously,
Tired

Dear Double-Stuffed Oreos,
I am very truly grateful for your therapeutic (albeit slightly fattening) qualities....off to eat you now...
Love,
A Cookie Monster

Dear Fellow Bloggers,
Any interest in joining me for your own set of Monday Messages???  I'm contemplating making a button if anyone else wants to participate...just let me know!
Sincerely,

3 comments:

  1. Now that I think about it I sould have wrote "Dear Monday" today. :o) I would have said:

    Dear Modnay,
    Why did you make me cry?
    Sincerly,
    Pitaful Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I HATE Mondays and the fact that i work everyother weekend and Monday STILL comes along once a week really pisses me off!!
    Sigh......

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)