Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Happy Square Root Day!

Square root day is a humorous holiday celebrated on dates where the day and the month are both the square root of the last two digits in the current year. For example, this square root day is March 3, 2009 (3/3/09), and the next square root day will be April 4, 2016 (4/4/16). The final square root day of the century will occur on September 9, 2081. Each century it is the same nine dates that are square root days.

Happy Square Root Day!

And while we're on the topic of calendar days and events, my hubby informed me last night that this weekend is daylight savings time.  Spring forward.  So on Sunday morning, I'll lose an hour of sleep.  The injustice of it just amazes me.  What kind of rotten birthday gift is THAT? 

4 comments:

  1. Happy square root day to you too ! I'm looking forward to the time change . I love when it stays daylight longer ! Happy Birthday !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, we were just talking about square roots yesterday and I was being showed up by my 12 year old. Again.

    Happy Early Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of square root day... until just now. Who knew?

    Thanks for the reminder about daylight savings! Happy Birthday early!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of it. Where do you get this stuff from, girl? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)