Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Chill Pill

Plus a few other random bits of useless information.... (what else is new, right?)

So today I did the ol' scrubbing of the carpets to KC's "racecar" (as K-man calls the black Honda) before I took the rug doc back to the rental place.  That helped my back feel so much better.  (please note the sarcasm)  However, the racecar interior is sparkling clean (because I also armor-all'ed the dash and used leather polish on the seats) and smells like a new car.  I LOVE THAT!  Note to self, rent a carpet steamer more than once a decade. 

Then I decided I deserved a break actually I just couldn't get up after I sat down and spent a couple of minutes hours on the couch trying to convince myself that I didn't have time to take a nap (the little angel on my right shoulder won that arguement but the little devil on the other shoulder talked me out of finding something productive that could be done sitting down, so the time was still rather useless). 

IMG_3301webAfter that it was a committee meeting that lasted a little longer than intended because some of us were having a little too much fun.  And speaking of, here's a pic of what I think might be a "handful of weeds" that my nephew (okay, so not technically, but at the current rate of reproduction, I may NEVER have a TECHNICAL nephew, it's okay though, I'm happy being a kinda "aunt") ever so sweetly brought me while we were in the meeting. 

They haIMG_3308webd little teeny tiny flowers on them, but IMG_3305webwhen I zoomed in with digital macro, they look big....and REALLY PRETTY.  Awwww.  "G" was off playing when I took this pic or I'd have included him in it.  Anywho. 

Ended up with another night in which I did not cook.  Also had no groceries since I haven't yet gotten them for this week and last week I managed to find recipes using only what was in the pantry.....

IMG_3330webBUT THE MUNCHKIN HAD A GOOD DAY AT SCHOOL.  So we went and got a little chicken and took the kids to take a walk in the park.  YAY.  And I had a bit of fun with the camera.  Oh, happy day!  

Okay....this might be picture overload but hey...making up for all those times I was a slacker, right?

Anyways, here we go....

IMG_3328web
It's All About Perspective....

IMG_3355web
K-man on the move...typical!

 IMG_3321web
Ahhh...this picture just makes me feel relaxed.

IMG_3314web
"Comin', Mom?"

IMG_3354web 
DUCKS!

IMG_3346web
K-man -- taking a closer look at the ground....hehehe!

IMG_3339web 
From the Munchkin's point of view
(sidenote: it should be interesting now that Munchkin knows how to use a camera and I am able to hand off the camera to someone other than a random stranger to get pictures of me and KC...LOL!  She didn't do half bad either...I only had to straighten it up and do minor cropping/editing in photoshop)

IMG_3337web
This one didn't turn out so hot.  But oh well.  Win some, lose some.

IMG_3331webIMG_3332web
These totally crack me up...especially the exasperated KC look (K-man didn't want to turn around and come back...he wanted to keep going)

IMG_3357webAnd then a couple more shots while we were on the little pier.  I like the big picture here but the little picture is kinda funny...hehe.

This is it for the park pictures (well, the ones I uploaded and websized anyway).

IMG_3358wb

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

One other thing while I'm thinking about it....you know that Bloodborne Pathogens class we had to take last Thursday?  Well, I didn't anticipate using that training in less than two days.  A guy chopped up his fingers at the church workday and left a bloody trail behind him when he left for the ER.  And while I'm certain that he's a healthy guy with no infectious diseases, these days you can catch anything (hello buffet bars - scary) without ever doing anything wrong, so we took precautions and put on gloves to clean up.  Dear heavens, it was a mess, too...in case you don't know this, a skill saw throws blood everywhere when it runs over fingers.  Yikes.  Makes my stomach a little queasy thinking about it....and if you REALLY want to get queasy, go look at his pictures of it....HERE.

Okay...that's it.  I have to go.  KC has already hit the sack and I am pretty tired myself...

3 comments:

  1. Great pics Faith! Like the first one of the bridge. I like taking similar pictures too. :o) Glad you had a relaxing evening at the walking park. I'm going to head there myself here in a few minutes. Enjoy this beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the bridge pix. Awesome. I have a budding photographer in my house too. It's nice to actually get in a pic once in a while. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)