Friday, March 13, 2009

Another Crazy Week

Okay, I'll have to come back later and update this post with more than just this paragraph, but this week was no better than last week (as evidenced by the fact that I haven't posted since Tuesday....sheesh...I have GOT to get going again!!!)

Anywho....to be continued...

Kay.  I'm back.  A few quick highlights of what I've been up to since last posting...

Wednesday: Tried to kill myself filling up the ditch behind the retaining wall with the dirt piled up behind it.  Got the kids and worked on laundry and housekeeping.

Thursday: A second math session with my tutoree, ended up having her little sis tagging along as well while her parents went out of town (little sis had math, too, but she didn't need any help with hers), picked up the munchkin and took her to the doc around lunchtime (she was perfectly healthy, just apparently full of drama in all her health complaints), then headed to the town down the road with all the girls and did a little shopping and took munchkin to a speech evaluation at a Therapy Center to get a second opinion on where she's at with her speech (she's doing good, there, too).  Got back into our town and met up with the girl's sister for her to take them back home and then KC and I had a Bloodborne Pathogen's class for foster care (I'd already had it, but I went with KC anyways because he felt like he shouldn't have to go through that alone...lol!).  That was kinda a long day.

Friday: Dr appt for me cuz I have a knot on my finger (dr said it's a wart, but it sure doesn't look like it to me....guess he's the expert though) and my hair is falling out like crazy.  Never had it fall out like this before but anyways, it was worrying me.  But doc said it's probably stress related from when I was sick a month ago...guess we'll see.  I guess I must be where munchkin gets her health drama from, huh?  LOL!  Anyways, did a little more shopping therapy after dr appointment and came back home to work on parental consent forms for our sunday school class trip next weekend.  Finished that, and went with KC to re-finance the house (dropped our house payment by $150/month) and even if it goes up in the next couple of years, it will be four years before we are even at the percentage we were before today, so we're good for awhile.  Came home, got the kids, got some scrappy stuff together, took Munchkin to my cousin's to scrapbook.  Computer went on the blink, got it running again and now I'm downloading every last thing onto discs in case it doesn't recover from the next blink.  Can't handle losing any more pics or data....and every blink takes a little longer to get going again...not a good sign.  I got a feeling there is a complete system wipe in the near future, which is why I am in a panic and backing up all my stuff.  Not to mention I gots lots of scrappy stuff on my computer with the digital scrapping stuff I've been doing and I'd REALLY really REALLY hate to lose all that.  *cringing*

I think that's the last few days in a nutshell. 

Hopefully I'll do a better job of staying on top of the writing stuff sooner rather than later.  LOL!

PS do you have any idea how many discs it's gonna take me to get this stuff backed up?  Me either.

PPS a blog post I thought was funny today....Dr. B's Secrets To Longevity (the part that really struck me: "I am not certain why some people live so long, but it seems most of them are sweet little old ladies or farmers.  For the most part aggressive and hostile chain smokers don’t seem fit the profile, although I guess there are a few."  LOL!  Guess it pays to be sweet, huh?  Teehee)

PPPS while we're on age and getting old, I was reminded of this funny email forward....so I dug around a bit and thought I'd share...have a lovely evening (what's left of it)...=)

One day, God created the dog and said, “Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. For this, I will give you a life span of twenty years.”

The dog said, “That’s a long time to be barking. How about only ten years and I’ll give you back the other ten?” So God agreed.

On the next day, God created the monkey and said, “Entertain people, do tricks, and make them laugh. For this, I’ll give you a twenty-year life span.”

The monkey said, “Monkey tricks for twenty years? That’s a pretty long time to perform. How about I give you back ten like the Dog did?” And God agreed.

On the next day, God created the cow and said, “You must go into the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer’s family. For this, I will give you a life span of sixty years.”

The cow said, “That’s kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty years. How about twenty and I’ll give back the other forty?” And God agreed again.

Then on the next day, God created man and said, “Eat, sleep, play and enjoy your life. For this, I’ll give you twenty years.”

But man said, “Only twenty years? Could you possibly give me my twenty, the forty the cow gave back, the ten the monkey gave back, and the ten the dog gave back; that makes eighty, okay?” “Okay,” said God, “You asked for it.”

So that is why the first twenty years we eat, sleep, play and enjoy ourselves. For the next forty years we slave in the sun to support our family. For the next ten years we do monkey tricks to entertain the grandchildren. And for the last ten years we sit on the front porch and bark at everyone.

Life has now been explained to you. Go live.

1 comment:

  1. :D That's great! Especially the last 10...:D Where do you get this stuff at???:D

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)