Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ten On Tuesday: My Life In Songs

Ten on Tuesday: 10 Songs That Describe You or Your Life - (click the link to go to the official site and for other Ten on Tuesday participants)

  1. Brown-Eyed Girl (Van Morrison) - Borrowed this one from one of the other participants...it fits me....well...the title fits me.  I'm not so sure about the rest of the lyrics...LOL!
  2. Everyday People (Nicole C Mullen)
        "I am no better and neither are you
        We're all the same whatever we do
        You love me you hate me
        You know me and then
        You can't figure out the bag I'm in
        I am everyday people"
  3. It's Your Love (Tim McGraw) - about the guy I married....=)
       "And if you wonder about the spell I'm under
        Oh, it's your love"
  4. Life Is A Highway (Rascal Flatts) - I LOVE traveling...
        "If you're going my way
        I wanna drive it all night long"
  5. Dream of Mirrors (Iron Maiden) - I have weird weird dreams....
       "Something makes me feel I just might lose my mind
        Am I still inside my dream? is this a new reality
        Something makes me feel that I have lost my mind"
  6. A Living Prayer (Alison Krauss) - well, it pretty much says it all
        "In these trials of life I find
        Another Voice inside my mind
        He comforts me and bids me live
        Inside the love the Father gives"
  7. How's The World Treating You (Alison Krauss)
  8. Come Away With Me (Norah Jones) - Okay this one not so much for the lyrics but for the feeling of springtime and sunshine that it brings when I hear it...and for this part of it....
       "I want to walk with you
        On a cloudy day
        In fields where the yellow grass grows knee-high
        So won't you try to come"
  9. I Love My Lips (Veggie Tales) - this is rather two fold...first because the veggie tales is the music of choice by all the family members who are under 4ft tall, so I hear A LOT of this stuff....and second of all because I relate to Oscar in this part of the song -- as in, when I was a kid I was stung by a bee...right on the lip.  Except I don't speak polish.  LOL.
       "Ten days after I turned 8,
        Got my lips stuck in a gate
        My friends all laughed...
        And I just stood there until the fire department came and broke the  
        lock with a crowbar and I had to spend the next six weeks in lip rehab  
        with this kid named Oscar who got stung by a bee right on the lip and
        we couldn't even talk to each other until the fifth week because both
        our lips were so swollen and when he did start speaking he just spoke  
        polish and I only knew like three words in polish except now I know four
        because Oscar taught me the word for lip, 'Usta'."
  10. Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) (Chris Tomlin) - And this sums up my life rather well, I think...the good and the terrible...
        "My chains are gone, I've been set free
        My God, my Savior has ransomed me
        And like a flood His mercy rains
        Unending love, Amazing grace"

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:19 PM

    Great list :) Yeah, I decided to go with just the song titles because if I had tried to fit with lyrics also it would have taken forever and I might not had done it, so I simplified it a bit. Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with on Rascal Flatts and Tim McGraw...as for the rest, well...I'm just a country fan, anyway. I probably won't participate with this one (okay, it would give us all heart attacks) :) But hey, I'm smiling now and the idea is amusing to me...:)

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)