Thursday, February 19, 2009

More Randomosity

Make custom t-shirts at CustomInk.com

Completely random:

  • Our playground is partially here.  After the hubby paid for it and started taking it apart, he realized that it was going to need some work.  We probably paid a little too much for it.  I can't believe they were asking as much as they were.  Oh well.  It is what it is.  It's still huge and it isn't in terrible shape...so I'm sure once we get it all here and set up, the kids will still have fun. 
  • I will probably kick myself later for posting this and you can file this as TMI, but a couple of days ago I walked down the hall and happened to see Munchkin in the bathroom precariously trying to juggle pencils and notebook and get on the porcelain throne all at the same time. "What ARE you doing?" I say....and she responds, "but MOM, YOU always read a book when YOU go potty."  I confess, I could say nothing but..."uh...okay then."  And I have no clue where she got that idea.  ROFL. 
  • Finished the editing from the photo session last week.  FINALLY.  I took WAY too many good shots and ended up editing like 50 of them.  CRAZY me.  But I finally got that done and the cd ready to give to the family, so I'm happy about getting that off my plate. You can see the final posted shots by clicking here.
  • I am really aggravated with our printer/scanner at this moment.  I have no idea how the scanner portion got uninstalled since it is a ALL-IN-ONE and if the PRINTER works, then why in the world doesn't the scanner?  And the other aggravating part is that the stinking computer won't let me reinstall the disc because it keeps saying we don't have computer administrator rights or something.  I'm quite aggravated.  I'm getting ready to just unplug the thing and plug it directly into my laptop (it's currently on the network computer) and see if I can install it on here.  I really need the scanner part to finish the church newsletter which is MISERABLY behind....(*UGH...crawling under the carpet to hide my head right about now*). 
  • I am getting behind on everything again.  I didn't even get a menu done this week and ended up scrapping the idea for this week since this week is all in an uproar with trying to get the playground hauled back here and being here and there instead of home at suppertime.  The good news is that I did plan for yesterday and we had taco salad for supper and I had leftovers for lunch today and it always makes me happy when I eat leftovers and don't have to throw them away.  I feel all frugal when I do that.  Bwahaha.
  • I just tricked my four year old into thinking it is a privilege to put the clothes from the washer to the dryer, so she excitedly ran to get her stool and is doing my work for me.  I feel terrible about it.  Well.  I did.  For about 3 seconds.  I'm over it now. 
  • She just asked K-man to be her "great helper" and push the clothes into the dryer for her after she pulls them out of the washer.  ROFL.  I guess she learned the art of delegation from her mother.  Bwahaha.  They are currently having laundry conversations that would crack you up...cuz they are cracking me up.  LOL.
  • The cats were groomed again this week.  I got a girl at church who owns her own pet grooming business to do it this time.  I told her we could try it b/c the vet said they have to knock the cats out because they are so uncooperative and of course, she's not got the vet stuff to knock them out, so if they were really difficult, I would just have to take them back to the vet for the grooming, but get this.  I am still aggravated about this.  I took them in, and hung around while she got started just in case it didn't work....they were good as gold.  Jango was actually RUBBING on the clippers and PURRING.  She told me it was obvious to her that the vet was just using the excuse to knock them out to get more money.  And the cats were not nearly as angry coming home this time since they didn't have to get knocked out.  And they weren't weaving like they had spent several hours in a bar or something.  Bwahah.  Jango does look funny though...he turns all grey and looks siamese.  Hah!
  • It is already past the middle of February.  It's gonna be Christmas again before you know it.  EEEEK.
  • Got the kids each a leapster for the educational benefits yesterday and paid an arm and a leg for them.  Today my hubby calls and says they dropped the price by $20.  What is UP with that?  I wonder if Walmart will just take the receipt and adjust the price since we've already opened them. 
  • We have a retaining wall in the back of the house....KC hired some of the guys from church to build it and they did a great job...it's gorgeous.  I can't wait till all that red mud is GONE.  It's getting a lot closer to the day when I can let the kids get out in the backyard without wearing their oldest, nastiest clothes.  Goodness, for that matter, the day is getting closer when I can get out in the backyard without wearing work clothes/shoes.  LOL!!!
  • No, I don't have any printed shirts like in the picture at the beginning of this post, but I can dream, right? 
  • Yes, it's time for supper and for KC to get home, so I really should be going now. 

Thanks for reading this completely random brain dump.  My apologies if you are now drooling on your keyboard because I put you to sleep.

5 comments:

  1. I did not drool! Its quite more interesting than mine now a days! How did you make your name look so pretty? And I'm stumped on what ROLF means!;)(I guess i have blond roots!)LOL

    Sprinkle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you've been so busy...maybe your husband should take you out more.. :O) P.S. Hope you enjoy your "new" backyard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No drooling here. :o) I thought your post of "Randomosity" was very interesting. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The " randomosity " shirt is cute !

    Good luck getting the swing set assembled .

    Carter has some of the Leap Frog stuff - I think it's great !

    Have a wonderful week end !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't drool just laughed at different comments. Aydan always has to help with every bit of housework. Sometimes a blessing and other times we won't discuss. I am looking forward to when we can go outside and play again!!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)