Monday, February 23, 2009

Menu Monday

mpmhappyWell, here we are again. I was looking at some of the other MPM'er links and I liked one lady's disclaimer (I don't know which one it was cuz I can't find it now) but it was something like this: All meals are subject to change without notice due to unexpected circumstances, migraines, or meltdowns. LOL. I can totally relate. Hah. Anyways, click here for more Menu Plans...

And here's mine:

  • Monday: Taco Salad -- a KC favorite (note to self: need ground beef)
  • Tuesday: Cheesy Beef & Rice only I think I'll alter the recipe just a little, but it sounds good, so we'll try it. (nts: need ground beef)
  • Wednesday: Wheat Spaghetti in Classico Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce, Mesquite Chicken (from freezer), Garlic Toast -- this past week, I used half the package of wheat spaghetti, and half the jar of sauce, so this week, we'll just finish it off. It was delish, and I added cayenne pepper and a few other spices to the sauce to give it an extra kick. I couldn't even tell that the spaghetti was healthy. HA. *GRIN* PS, you should totally check out that sauce (see the link above) because it is AWESOME! (nts: need garlic toast)
  • Thursday: Pepperoni Cheese Ravioli, Garlic Toast -- to make up for being so healthy the night before. LOL. Kidding. Actually, I'm just craving that flavor right now. Haha. (nts: need sour cream)
  • Friday: Turkey Leftover Casserole, can of green beans (for me and Munchkin), frozen biscuits -- the casserole is already in the freezer. Yay! (nts: put in fridge to thaw on Thursday)

My favorite part of Menu Planning is that I am spending much less on groceries. I mean, look at the grocery list I have after writing down the meals for this week: ground beef, ground beef, garlic toast, and sour cream (of course, that doesn't include the weekly staples of bread, milk, etc) And everything else is stuff in the pantry that needs to be used up. Before Menu Planning, I would go to the grocery store and try to think of something to fix for the week, so I'd pick up this and that and this and that and oh, we might have this one night this week, so I better grab the ingredients for that, too. And I'd bring it home and then not remember what I was thinking of at the grocery store, so it wouldn't get eaten and then months down the road, it'd still be sitting in the pantry. Huge waste. I feel so much better about it now.

Thanks for stopping by! Happy eating! I have a good feeling that we will be. *GRIN*

4 comments:

  1. You are right about just going to the grocery store and picking items that end up sitting in your pantry for a few months before trying them.. Maybe I will try your menu idea when Mariano comes home because I can't fix the right amount of food for just Aydan and I. So right now we are trying to use up the stuff that is in the pantry!!! And I will say that I did try the wheat pasta and no matter how much sauce or what kind of sauce I had, it was nasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like wheat pasta. My dad fixes that a lot b/c it's healthier. But NOT all things healthy taste better. :o) Again, I've tried the week planning and it doesn't sit well with me. Glad it is working for you though. I've been to the grocery and picked up things that weren't on my list b/c I thought the same thing "I'll fix this with that sometime." I'm learning and doing MUCH better on just getting what is on my list and get out the door! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, my name is leah. my husband and i have JUST finished out home study and our waiting to be officially licensed Foster parents. i ran across your blog today and had to read all about your first placement how things went until you adopted her. I have spent months now reading other people's blogs about fostering to adopt as a way to learn about what we are getting ourselves into! :)

    anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for blogging all about it for people like me it is such a great learning tool and I also have to say congrats (very belated) on adopting faith, that is awesome. we hope to adopt and are putting our faith in Him for what the future holds!

    Leah

    if you want to check out my blog it is benleahkobewentzel.blogspot.com

    i have a couple blogs so when you click on my name it is a little confusing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried wheat pasta...my sister always used to bake things with wheat and buckwheat, wheatgerm and whole grain wheat. I'm kinda burned out on the whole healthy eating thing. But, I've tried the alfredo sauce. It's great.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)