Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Little This And That

Well, this week's Ten on Tuesday is Ten Favorite Ethnic foods, and since I am not really sure I could think of 10 to go on that list, I decided to skip this week.

While we're on the subject of food though, I should note that tonight's dinner (Cheesy Beef & Rice) got 3 out of 4. KC's verdict: flavored styrofoam. He hates rice. I was hoping that maybe fixing it with the cheese and beef would make it edible for him. Well, he ate it, but he didn't care for it. OH well. My other picky eater ate it just fine, and me and munchkin enjoyed it (of course, my enjoyment was more from the PRICE of the dinner since virtually the bulk of the cost was the 2.25 for the hamburger meat, and there was enough for approximately 10 servings, which means that it cost around 23 cents for my dinner tonight). Plus, I used a can of crescent rolls that needed to be used up, but I don't remember how much I paid for that, and I'm not counting it b/c it was past the date which means it probably should have been thrown out and so I'm giving myself bonus points for using it anyways. HAHA. Really, I think the only problem was that it didn't rise like a fresh can. Who cares. Haha.IMG_3087web

How about a few random pictures....these are from the other day when KC and I gave the kit kats a bath. I like to call these pictures: MadKatz exhibit A and MadKatz exhibit B. LOL!!!IMG_3090web

Today I worked on tagging the clothes for the upcoming consignment sale. I got through a good 2.5 boxes but only about one box of it is good enough to consign. Hopefully it will all sell though and make it worth my time. The other stuff is decent, but just has a few small stains or worn spots, which means it can't be consigned, so I sorted it and I'm going to see if any of the local foster parents have kids that are in that size to pass it on to.

The kids are growing so fast. It seems like their closets are getting thin again because I keep pulling out clothes for them to wear and then having to stick them in a "too little" pile because they can't fit them anymore. EEK.

IMG_3100webAnother random picture. This is me and munchkin this afternoon.

Let's go through a couple of reasons why I might be tired. Um....well, how about getting up at 3:30am for some completely unknown reason. You should see KC though...he's REALLY tired. He actually STAYED up because he couldn't go back to sleep. Not me, man, once I determined that everyone was good, I conked right back out. I'm not quite sure what woke us, but I heard what sounded like one of the kids leapsters playing and I was like, oh boy, if one of them GOT UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT and is playing their leapster, I am going to have a COW! They weren't, of course, they were both soundly sleeping and the leapsters were off, as they should be, so all was well and I have no cows (LOL), but I have no clue what woke me. It had to have been a sound, and not just me dreaming, otherwise it wouldn't have woken both me & KC. But anyway, okay....so that's really the only good reason I have for being tired....oh well.

I have a couple more pictures, but I'm going to save them for Wordless Wednesday tomorrow. (teehehehe)

Alrighty then...I'm heading out now. It's about the kids bedtime so I gotta get moving on all that. Catch'a later!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I don't know about dinner because we're not big fans of rice (unless it's with stir fry or chinese food)...as for the noise, crazy stuff like that has happened to us before. Like one time about 2 in the morning we were woke up by the fan in our room coming unplugged and us waking shortly after wondering whether someone did it or not. :) Oh, well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trusting you slept better last night because, apparently, it was my turn to wake at 3:30 AM.

    Sadly enough though I didn't get back to sleep until 5:30 and then the alarm went off at 6. *sigh*... I should have just got up at 3:30 and got some things done...

    I'm starting to feel it and it's not even noon. I'm thinkin' it's gonna be a long rest of the day...

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)