Friday, February 20, 2009

I Need Another Word

That means random.  Cuz that's what this post is going to be more of....and random is getting old.  LOL. 

I forgot some random yesterday.  I remembered it after the fact.  But now I've forgotten it again.  If I remember it, I'll throw it in. 

Was going to work on the church newsletter today.  KC fixed the scanner last night, so I scanned what I needed and then couldn't get it from the network computer to my computer because all the thumb drives are gone.  And then I thought I'd just email it to myself but the wireless network was off, so the network computer had no connection to the web to do that either.  Yeah, I know...what's a network computer without a network, but really, our internet bombs every five minutes when the wireless is on, so we keep it off unless we have to have it....in which case, KC turns it on...I have no clue how to do it, so I'm kinda stuck if he's not here.  EEK.  Sorry.  Bad run-on sentence.  Anyways, I didn't get very far on the church newsletter.  Maybe another day. 

TemplatepreviewOpened my latest scrapping magazine and saw a layout in the first couple of pages that triggered an GrowinFastwebsmidea in my head, so I sat down and clicked together a quick template so I'd have the idea and then I decided while I had the template open, I'd just go ahead and fill it with paper and pictures and ta-da...another layout.  To view the larger layout and for credits, see the Design blog.

KC is gone with the guys back down to get the rest of the play set.  They are going to have to take it all apart and reassemble it when they get it back here.  Whew.  I cleaned part of it yesterday (one swing and one slide) but it was just too cold to keep going.  Oh well. 

Oh, I just remembered one of the random things I forgot.  I got another phone call the other day, this time it was an 11 month old but it was a probable temporary because they had several relatives in line that just had to pass a home study, so I turned it down.  A few weeks ago, it was a set of twins (less than 6 months old).  Before that, it was a newborn addicted to drugs.  All likely to be temporary cases.  We just keep turning them down b/c we don't want to do temporary for little bitty ones just because we don't want to get attached and lose them.  But the last time they called, I found out WHY we are getting so many calls now.  We are getting the first calls because apparently we are one of the only homes with 2 openings AND with a stay at home mom and when it's temporary they don't want to move the children into a new daycare (so they call a mom who can watch them instead) if they will just be moving them again soon.  Which makes me feel bad for not being able to help, but it really is going to have to be the right one for us to take more.  And so far, it's been clear that it's NOT the right ones.  One of the cases was totally high profile and hit the front page of the paper, so I was glad we weren't involved with that one.  Selfish of me, yes, but that case ended up being placed out of county which was probably a better thing in the long run. 

According to statcounter, ya'll don't come around on the weekends.  I guess I need to find something interesting to post on the weekends to fix this.  LOL.  Either that, or I just need to POST on the weekend...maybe that's it.  Haha.

After the last photo session, I've had several inquiries for photos again.  The last couple of years have kinda been ho-hum...not really doing a whole lot in the way of sessions, so maybe it's time to kick it up again.  Or at least update my header on the photoblog...I was looking at it the other day when I was posting some of the pics and it still says 2006...eek.  LOL!  That's been awhile. 

Tonight is a married's class at church.  I think we're going if KC and the guys get back in time from their demolition and relocation efforts.  KC told me I could go without him.  I was like....what, you think I'm the only one who needs it?  HAH.  He was kidding.  Good thing, too...hehe. 

Munchkin is gonna be five in about 2 months.  I am not sure how I feel about it.  LOL.  KC and I have talked about what we're gonna do party-wise, and I think after 3, all the parties involving non-family members will be on the even birthdays.  4, 6, 8... and the odd birthdays will just be family.  Which makes things considerably easier since that knocks it down to one party a year with the two we've got since they are one year apart.  LOL.

I signed up to do a consignment sale in a nearby county...now I just have to get my game on and get labeling and tagging all the items that I need to put in it.  Not sure what I was thinking except that I'm sure it had something to do with the fact that the pile of things to get rid of has pretty much taken over the garage.

I'm all out of random that I can think of right now, so we'll just call it a post and hit publish.  Thanks for reading two completely random posts in a row.  One of these days I'll get better.

Later!

2 comments:

  1. Here are a few other words for "random" on the Thesaurus on webster.com which says:

    random
    One entry found.

    Entry Word: random
    Function: adjective
    Text: lacking a definite plan, purpose, or pattern (since we were new in town, our choice of a vet for our dog was entirely random)

    Synonyms-aimless, arbitrary, desultory, erratic, haphazard, hit-or-miss, scattered, slapdash, stray

    Related Words-accidental, casual, chance, fluky, fortuitous, inadvertent, incidental, lucky, unconsidered, unintended, unintentional, unplanned, unpremeditated; irregular, sporadic, spot; objectless, purposeless; indiscriminate, unsystematic; unaimed, undirected

    Near Antonyms-established, fixed, regular, set, stable, steady; constant, continuous, even; arranged, managed, orchestrated, ordered, planned; aware, conscious, deliberate, purposeful, thoughtful

    Antonyms-methodical, nonrandom, orderly, systematic

    Hope these help you in finding another word. *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regarding people not being around on the weekends, I have noticed that too. I rarely post on the weekend myself, although I did today. :-)

    I wonder if it's more of a blogging thing that people just don't do as much on the weekend or if it's really related to just not posting on the weekend. If you notice a difference let us know! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)