Monday, January 12, 2009

A Little More Update

Okay...I'm finally back.  The kids are in bed and it is my usual blogging time (which could also be called "really late"). 

Seriously this is my favorite time of day.  Kids are so much more enjoyable when they're sleeping.  They don't fight, they don't do things to drive you up the wall, you know...you can pretend for a little while that they're angelic beings.  LOL.  I'm sure God probably feels the same way about me when I'm sleeping, too.  Haha.

Anyways, back at that update thing. IMG_2754

Here is our original closet. Well, kind of original, this is after KC removed the closet racks that were designed by evil pawns and puttied the holes up (the heater was his big plan to create his own sauna and sweat off a few pounds while he was working to make the putty dry faster)

IMG_2756Once the putty dried, he put a nice fresh coat of light grey/brown paint over the original antique IMG_2762white and while the heater was hard at work drying the paint, the cat decided it would be fun to go in the closet and get high on the fumes.

We know this because he apparently laid up against the wall where the particles collected when KC sanded the putty and Jango spent the rest of the evening looking quite "skunk-like."  If he had gotten his stripes on straight, I would REALLY have had a heart attack when I saw him moseying from room to room (especially after our skunk in the garage episodes).

IMG_2763Then you have the main reason we were up so late...because we couldn't get to our bed until we got the closet back in order.  LOL!

And now....how bout them "AFTER" shots?

Are you ready?

Are you sure?

Cuz I was certainly ready to get to the point of the project where I could take them. 

OH WAIT.

IMG_2765First I have to show you my "on the job injury" (but no workers comp here...LOL!!)

Please excuse my hands...I need to carry lotion 24/7 obviously. 

Anyways, see the white line about 1/4 of the way down into the bed of my nail?  That's how far the nail bent back.  And I don't even know how I did it b/c I was just snapping the shelf locks in that hold the shelves from coming off the racks.

Well, hopefully that didn't hurt you to look at it as much as it hurt me when it happened.  And I'm pretty sure you won't feel the painful throbbing for three straight days either.  LOL!

NOW.  Are you ready for the after shots?

I thought so.  You've been ready, right?  HAH.

    IMG_2767 IMG_2769

And all I can say is GO RUBBERMAID CLOSET SYSTEMS.  These babies are screwed in the studs....every last one of them.  THIRTY-TWO 2.5 inch screws.  Pop out at 3 am again, will ya.  I don't THINK so!!

Okay.  That's all for the closet project.  I am having a SERIOUS chocolate fit right now (which is highly unusual for me) but I will have to take care of this.  I'll be back before you get to the next paragraph (LOL).

See? I told you I'd beat ya back.  And MMMM...chocolate always tastes best when you are craving it really bad.

IMG_2770Well, that pretty much sums up the updating except for Sunday.  Sunday was (of course) church, and afterward was a carry-in dinner in honor of Sis Celestine (affectionately known to most of the congregation as "Nanny") who turned 90.  IMG_2772Can you imagine???  NINETY YEARS? 

I can't even fathom it. 

Any-ka-who, she is the sweetest lady and she is still driving herself to church on Sunday mornings.  I can't even imagine driving when I'm 90.  But she does good. IMG_2778

And IMG_2773these pictures just make me smile because this is just the kind of lady she is... genuine and full of joy. 

Of course, she was talking to Bro. K here, so ya never know, she might have been laughing for many other reasons...LOL (just teasing).

Well, that was pretty much the day.  We just hung out at the church all day instead of burning gas to drive back home just to turn around and come back, so that was the afternoon.  Oh and the service Sunday night was really good.  I don't really feel like elaborating on that at this particular moment, except that God is good and to say that His Spirit wasn't real and working there would be...well, I just can't say that.  I have erased like 10 sentences here, but maybe someday I'll post what I'm thinking right now.  Anyways.  Not today.  Don't feel like stirring the pot. 

Plus...KC's gone to bed on me already (AGAIN) so I'm gonna hit the sack. 

Later!

PS Monday's meal went off without a hitch and will definitely be on the list of recipes to repeat.  Super easy and super yummy.  Yay!

9 comments:

  1. Hi stranger!
    I'm hopefully back to reading AND commenting on blogs...
    Your closet looks AMAZING! I just may have to show those pix to dh to get him motivated! :D
    I'm hoping to catch up on all the happenings in your world real soon, I just may not comment on all the posts! ;)

    take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby and I redid our closet sometime before Thanksgiving. Every last one of our screws are in studs too! We have 2 more closets we want to do eventually. But the one we finished is GREAT! I'll have to take a picture and post ours sometime. THey are sim. but diff. than yours. Doesn't it feel great to have a nice, neat, and organized closet?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The closet looks terrific. Great job KC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. KC can't stay up to midnight or later because he has to be functional for work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new closet, it's makin' me jealous ;) but, the coming loose at 3AM. Nope, not jealous of that. Let's hope there's no more of that.

    I know a 90 year old lady who still drives to church and is funny, loving, stubborn, and tough. We call her Grandma at my house. She's my great grandma and my kids great-great. Isn't that Awesome? Happy Birthday to Nanny, I bet you feel blessed to be able to know her :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like your "new" closet. I just redone ours last week and this time I'm up with you. 90 years is alot of time to see alot of things in. She must be a real blessing to you. Thanks for posting the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The closet looks great . As for your thumb - OUCH .

    Sis . Celestine is soooo sweet . She amazes me .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love organization so to me, your closet looks fan-tab-u-lous! I might just do that, one day. Well, it was a good thought.

    You have been busy as a bee. I'm sure you enjoy having the time to be so productive, I know I did.

    Nanny. Oh. my. goodness. She's on my list of favorites. Her smiles are so genuine. What a beautiful lady, inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job on the closet! I wish you could see mine right now! A few years ago we redid our closet and it was great, then a few months ago we traded rooms & closets with the boys. To give them more room, they seem to need it worse!:) So before we moved our stuff I tried to talk my hubby into putting the organizing stuff in it. He didn't want to...so last night I open our new closet door and guess what??? The rack that was holding ALL of Tim's clothes was bent in half and everything was in the floor! LOL!LOL! Anyway guess what this weekends project will be...and I won after all!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)