Monday, January 12, 2009

The Beginnings Of An Update

Man, I am so behind. And I do not have a clue where today went.  The morning was gone before we knew it with math tutoring (Morgan, do your homework!) and this afternoon has flown by and it's already almost time for the kids to get out of school.  And I feel like I haven't gotten anything accomplished.  *sigh*

Well, supper is on already, and I managed to plan meals for the rest of the week, so I guess that is SOMETHING.  Oh well. 

I'll see how far I get with the update before I have to go get the kids. Let's start with Munchkin's room project almost 2 weeks ago...

IMG_2734I forgot to take a before, but this is in the middle of painting...I was getting concerned because next to the yellow, the (supposed to be) dark antique rose (ish) color was looking kind of grapey purple....IMG_2752

But as you can see here, it turned out very nicely...

and please excuse the honkin' daddy stereo in our four year old's bedroom.  We're just getting a head start on her teen years.  LOL...just kidding, actually it used to be in the living room and space disappeared but the stereo was too nice to get rid of, so I moved it in the Munchkin's bedroom.  LOL.

IMG_2739 Oh and in the middle of the paint job, Jango decided to frost his hair....in antique rose.  Nice, huh?  Three days later, Munchkin trapped him in a corner and took HER comb to his tail (completely ignoring his yowls) and combed most of the paint out before I figured out what was going on.  She was just trying to be helpful, so I didn't scold her (much).  LOL. 

There are still flecks of paint in his fur, but at this point, I'm not real bothered by it.  LOL.  At least not bothered enough to want to go through the ordeal of a bath.

Okay, that's the end of the first part of the update.  More to come.

3 comments:

  1. Hubby finally finished his part of remodelling in the Bathroom. Now I can start painting...but I'm torn btwn. a couple colors. But once I get that figured out, the bathroom will be complete. Maybe we could have a "paint/redecorate your house" party! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Jango got to help paint whether he wanted to or not! LOL. Poor Kitty. You just have to laugh about that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color. I'm inviting myself over one day to gaze at it. That's legal, right???

    Maybe we can plan a day to get together when my hubby flies the coop. *wincing*

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)