Wednesday, January 21, 2009

And Life Goes On

IMG_2861So this was the extent of our "snowstorm" and was just barely enough to make the yard look gorgeous.  You know...it hid all the bare spots in the grass for a few hours.  LOL. And it looked pretty on the trees. 

I guess it was good though since I had to go out to take the Munchkin to the doctor yesterday for her cough and it would have been a little harder to do that if the roads had been icky. 

Ah well.  It was enough snow that they canceled the foster parent meeting that we were supposed to go to, which meant that we got to have Tuesday night's meal on Tuesday night after all.  I'm not really sure that it was necessary to cancel that meeting, but whatever. 

IMG_2859So one last picture of our backyard with the HUGE amount of snow piled up....LOL.  This is the curse (or maybe blessing) of living in NC...ya get a little snow but not enough to make ya sick of it.  And I can't help but be thankful that it's not colder than what it is....I have seen some bloggers talking about their local weather and I think I would DIE if it were -20 here.  Just running the kids to school in the morning when it's 15 degrees outside is enough to make me want to move farther south. 

IMG_2862Yeah anyway.  So last night's supper (Pepperoni Cheese Ravioli) was awesome.  It really wasn't anything different about the ravioli or how it was cooked, but it was basically all in the homemade sauce and it was killer.  Reminded me of some of the Red Lobster's cream sauces.  Some of the reviews were kinda so-so about it, but everyone in my family loved it.

This one is going in the recipe box for future uses.

Anyways, that is about it, I guess.  I was looking at my posts for this month and...my goodness...this is day 21 and I have 22 posts in this month already.  It must be all those Mondays when I posted multiple posts to make up for lost time.  *grin* 

Well...speaking of time, it's time to get a move on...this is church night so I need to get the K-man from school and start getting all of us ready.  So...later!

4 comments:

  1. Those were some great pics of the snow outdoors. I liked the Pepperoni Ravioli myself. Thanks for posting the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont enjoy the coldmornings either when you wake up and your hands are frozen to your blanket because you closed your door for bed or the fire went out. The Pepperoni Ravioli looked good i would probably enjoy it. I posted agian thanks for the advice.
    *SMOOCHES*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey stranger... I haven't been around much and there NO way to try to catch up, although I will glance thru and make an attempt!! I hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm with ya on the snow. I love it but would get tired of it if we had it ALL the time. We were in Ohio a couple years ago and there was snow for two weeks straight. By the time I got home I was SICK of it. LOL! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)