Monday, December 22, 2008

One Day Left

Till Christmas (Eve)...sheesh. 

Speaking of Eve, K-man and Munchkin watched Wall-E again a few weeks ago and it cracks me up to hear them, randomly and totally out of the blue, say "Eeeeee-va" and then turn around and say "Waaaaa-leeee" and then "Eeeeee-va" "WALLLL-EEE!"  Hilarious.  They even have that whole tone going, too.  LOL. 

So today I got another one of those wild hairs.  Well, actually it was the other day when I stumbled across the idea on the internet while I was trying to come up with some new barbie furniture for the Munchkin's barbie house, but today I followed through on it and picked up some plastic canvas and tried my hand at making plastic canvas barbie furniture.  Carriage1Kitchen

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

While I may SOMEDAY attempt that awesomely cool carriage, this I know, that the above kitchen is INSANE.  Especially after trying my hand at something simple.  That thing is made entirely of plastic canvas.  Let me just put it this way, I spent approximately 5 hours today on TWO SMALL AND SIMPLE PROJECTS.  I'd have to work 8 hours a day for at least 6 weeks to do something like that.  NO THANK YOU.  Her plastic (not canvas) kitchen will work just fine, thank you very much. 

KidsRoom9

However, for what I DID do, I made a bed and a rug today, but mine look NOTHING like these pictures.  I didn't use patterns either, just eyed and experimented (which is probably why they look nothing like the pictures here).  The bed I made kinda resembles the bottom bunk on this picture to the left (only its brown with green headboard/footboards).  And yes, I was going for the bunk bed but decided, after I did the bottom bunk, that perhaps I was overambitious.  LOL. 

Thankfully, I went ahead and BOUGHT the barbie table set, so I didn't have to stress over trying to make something complicated in order to replace the table I threw away when I cleaned her room last week.  BUT now there is a Vs2LivingRoom1Christmas bag out in the garage that has a store-bought table and chair set in it and the new bed and rug as a kind of afterthought.  The rug is a smaller (and totally different design) version of the rug in this living room picture to the left...well, really the only thing that is like it is the style (rectangle with fringed ends).  But hey.  It's a rug.  And it's cute.  And the fringe took forever.  Perhaps after Christmas I will post some pictures of my completely (at least in comparison to these pictures) pitiful attempts.

Anywho, I made the bed with her in the room and I was quite surprised that Ms. Extremely Observant didn't pick up on the bed concept, particularly since Mr. Clueless actually showed more interest and walked over while I was making it and wanted to know what it was and I said a bed and then he looked at the computer and was like..."Hey coool, BARBIE FURNITURE."  Strange kid.  I know.  Thankfully, Ms. Observant was NOT in the room at that particular moment or the gig would have been up.  But since she didn't pick up on it, I went ahead and put it in the gift bag for her to open with her other furniture.  *grin*  I'm not sure if I will attempt any other items before Christmas or not.  It does get a little addicting, so it's a possibility.  Depends on the time, I guess. 

Seriously though, is this stuff not insane?  I pretty much flipped out when I saw how detailed and cool this looked.  Now that I know the time involved, it looks slightly LESS cool, but still neat.  HAHA.  Oh and all these pictures I grabbed from here (because the group will soon be closing and I didn't want to lose the ideas...LOL).

TravelCaseBedroom1Anyways, maybe if I start now, I could do this travel case bedroom and give her a little doll to go in it for her birthday...I know she would ADORE having something like this to play with in church.  And it would take me at LEAST until her birthday (months down the road) to do something of this scale.  YOW.

Hum.

Well. I think that's it for tonight.  I'm getting a headache.  Quite possibly from the tedious canvassing I did this afternoon. LOL. 

I am pretty proud of myself though...I did a bit of laundry today, finished the last bit of shopping, and wrapped the rest of the presents (well, I still have some work to do on gifts for folks OUTSIDE this house, but my covert wrapping skills are no longer needed at least) in addition to the tedious furniture making that I tortured myself with...woohoo!  LOL.  I have totally NOT done any internet catch up though, so I'm off now to check all my favorite blogs and empty my spam folder (since that's all the mail I usually get...LOL). 

Later!

3 comments:

  1. I admire you're talent and drive to do the extraordinary. I just wish I had more of the "drive" part sometimes...HA! Maybe you'll show us the things you did manage to make. I saw some beautiful doll furniture at Michael's in Hickory not too long ago that let the buyer finish it. I may go that route before long. Cool pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty cool Faith! I love homemade gifts made with thoughts of someone else. Let's them know you really love 'em. Munchkin may not think all about that now, but I'm sure she'll love what you made! Keep up the creativity. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not at all suprised at your creativity....

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)