Sunday, December 21, 2008

My Poor Neglected Blog

I just realized that I have seriously not been posting very many updates.  Brace yourself.

On the gall stones...the test Thursday took two hours.  But I finally heard back from the doctor on Friday and the results of the test were good.  Basically my gall bladder is fine, I just have stones, but they are not affecting the normal functioning of my system, they are just going to irritate the fire out of me until I do something about them. 

I haven't figured out what foods I'm eating that is triggering the pain, this is mostly since it hurts EVERY time I eat and it doesn't really matter what I'm eating. 

However, since my gall bladder is still functioning normally, the doctor will not force the issue of surgical removal of the stones/body part, it's entirely up to me. 

At this point it isn't hurting bad enough to make me want surgery, just enough to drive me nuts. 

And that's the major update. 

The mini issues like the medicine making me sleepy was resolved...mostly by the fact that I'm not taking it like it's prescribed...now I take it ONLY when I can't take anymore of the part where it drives me nuts.

Other stuff:

I've done really pathetic on my attempt to take one picture every day in December.  Mostly this got sidetracked by all the sick in the house.  That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

K-man is driving me CRAZY.  He's gone from sweet thing to rotten booger in a matter of a few weeks.  Fits, bedtime madness, potty regression, hateful responses when you're just talking to him...not even anything he should get mad about.  UGH.  Like you say, do you want your drink? and the response you get is UHHHHRRRRRGHHHH NO! (*EMPHATICALLY*).  I had to go back to diapers because I (and the daycare) got tired of having to change his clothes every time he DIDN'T do it in the potty (like every other time...which ended up being like 5 times a day).  AND THEN the other night at 10:30 (he goes to bed at 8:30) I heard something so I put down my computer and get up to go check and he is sitting right outside his door IN THE HALLWAY with his stuffed animal and drink and is just talking to himself and playing.  I'm like WHAT in the world are you DOING?  He NEVER gets out of bed...we have been so lucky with that.  Not anymore, apparently, since this is like the second or third time he's gotten out of bed in the last few weeks in protest of his having to go to bed.  *SIGH*  He's a great kid, and seriously I love the fire out of him, but I am READY FOR THIS PHASE to be DONE already.  I liked having an angel for a kid. 

Munchkin is doing good in general...back in the arguing and not listening stage again, but she's been taking her naps like a TROOPER...which is a huge switch.  Glad SOMETHING is going right!!!  *knock on wood* cuz I don't want it to suddenly go away.  LOL. 

I put the K-man's Yukon Express train station together and wrapped it during his naptime today.  I thought it would be a simple snap together thing, and it ended up taking all of naptime and had screws and two page instructions and everything.  It's the wooden kind and it's solid, so hopefully it will stand the test.  It is also compatible with Thomas trains, so we got that set and then I got a couple of Thomas trains to go with it, so he will in seventh heaven. 

Somehow, after all my protests about going overboard with gifts for the kids, there is still a huge pile of things for the kids to unwrap on Christmas morning.  Only we're having Christmas the day before, cuz it's not like it's all about the day anyways.  And we have too much else going on ON the day, so it makes more sense. 

Anyways, on the overload, my opinion is it is too much -- simply for the fact that it drives me nuts to watch them try to decide what to play with and then they play with each thing for 2 minutes and go through all of the new stuff in half an hour and then they're bored again.  I'd rather give them one thing and have them play with that one thing for 2 hours happily and satisfied with what they have.  TOTALLY MY OPINION.  Not worth much. 

However, I do know that once they get over the overload, the things we got them will provide hours of entertainment in which they WILL be satisfied for (hopefully) several hours at a time for the rest of the year...and then some.  Because we (and by we, I mean KC, mostly) picked out some great deals on things we already had in mind to get them to occupy them for hours, they will just have to deal with the overload in order to have those things. LOL.  And by they, I mean ME, cuz I'm pretty sure it bothers ME more than it bothers THEM.  *grin*

Oh well.

Made more goodies for friends and neighbors using the recipe I found here: http://www.chex.com/recipes/RecipeView.aspx?RecipeId=19919&CategoryId=342

Only I doubled the recipe, added random cups of miscellaneous cereals besides Chex (I think I used Golden Grahams and Cheerios as my random cereals).  And I used a lot more powdered sugar than the recipe said...LOL.  Oh well.  It seemed to be a hit.  Munchkin was helping me and she was holding the bag and I wouldn't swear to it, but I am pretty sure she kept moving the bag on purpose so I would keep dropping pieces on the floor.  And the reason I think this, is because she would POUNCE on the dropped pieces and eat them almost before they hit the floor.  LOL.  I'm pretty much assuming it must have been good.  HAHA.

Oh and I've got all but 5 things wrapped. I'm on the ball this year.  Go me.  I even have KC's birthday present and wrapped it, too.  Yay. 

I still have a couple of things to pick up and finish making and a couple of homemade cards to make...BUT I'm still way ahead of the game...since last year we had a pile of presents NOT YET WRAPPED and it was like CHRISTMAS EVE and we wrangled my parents into helping us wrap b/c we were in total panic mode.  Yeah.  I'm doing good this year.

Kay.  I'm done now.  I have nothing else to say.  Sorry, that's not quite true...I do have more I'm sure I could say but my goodness....my fingers are tired!!!!! 

Thanks for reading...and for bearing with me through my absence.  *GRIN*

Later!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the potty training and tantrums . I just try to " let them be little " . It all comes with being a Mommy . I wouldn't trade it for anything .

    I'm trying to do my laundry and packing today . I'm hoping tomorrow won't be so stressful . I still have presents to wrap too .

    We loved the chex mix " puppy chow " ! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with sickness and all! Hope things get better for you soon. :o)

    The puppy chow mix has always been a favorite in our family. I remember Mom making it now and again when we were kids. You can use rice crispies too.

    Hope you all have a Merry Christmas wrapped in memories of God's love for us. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feeling for you in the potty training. It's never very easy with lots of accidents, and teaching them when to go and when to hold. But, it does happen eventually in it's own good time. Our 4 year old still has "issues" with it at times, but I know they'll grow out of it sooner or LATER. HA! Glad you're better and back!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)