Thursday, December 04, 2008

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like...

IMG_2449e

....wintertime cold, viral, & flu season.

UGH. It's a regular pharmacy around here.

Okay, okay....so really I was cleaning out the medicine cabinet and trying to reorganize it so the TWO medicines we're using right now were more easily accessible, but poor K-man really has been sick. Still is, I guess...since his temp went back up again tonight. The doctor said it's just a viral with a bad cough, and I was hoping he would be on the mend, but I guess he's gonna be home for another day.

Last winter, we spent more nights awake over his cough than I care to remember, and it looks like it is going to be another winter of the same. *SIGH* Last night I was up and down with him until like 3 and then I just crashed...at least I must have because I thought he quit coughing but according to KC he continued to cough on throughout the night. And he woke himself up from his nap after about 20 minutes because he was having such a coughing fit. It's so odd, too, because he only coughs when he falls asleep. His cough when he's awake is minimal, but after he's asleep, it's a hack with every other breath. It's terrible.

Tonight he's sleeping in the carseat that we brought in from the car...hopefully being held upright (in a slight reclining position) will keep the drainage down or whatever is making him cough.

I'm just ready for healthy summertime again. THIS. THIS iS WHY SUMMER IS MY FAVORITE SEASON! UGH. LOL. Three weeks ago, it was K-man with an ea*r infection. Two weeks ago, it was Munchkin with an ea*r infection. Last week and this week I've had some kind of cold or something and also last week K-man started the sleep/hack stuff and this week he's got a viral infection. *SIGH* I can be thankful they're not both sick at the same time, though, RIGHT?

Anyways, that's the story of our life these days and it's about time for bed. I must catch what sleep I can, so I'm gonna scat.

Later!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:55 AM

    That's a lotta meds for one little guy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got that song in my now...It's begining to look a lot like Christmas...only your blog is about medicine and sickness. I guess we could make up a song for that! I mad up a new song for Lori's Christmas card to the tune "Tis the Season to be Jolly" fa,la,la,la,la,la,la,la,laaaaaa! The title of my song is "Tis the Season to be Sick Free" fa,la,la,la,la,la,la,la,laaaaaa! I've already sent her card to her and not sure I can remember the rest of the words. *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  3. As for a nagging cough that won't go away at night, I have a neat little trick you should try sometime. Works on the kiddies too. Get some Vick's VapoRub and put a generous amount on the bottoms of your feet, then put some socks on and go to bed. I think your own body heat activates it. But it should stop your cough long enough for you to sleep the night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain . It's so hard when they are sick . I kinda panic when Carter gets fevers ( that's why he's had two seizures in the past ) . He's had tubes for two years now ( only had two ear infections since getting them ) . THANK GOD !!! I hope the kiddos get well and stay well !

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)