Monday, December 08, 2008

Creepy Crud...Keepin It Real

Well, all I can say is it ain't over yet.  Took last week's sick one back to school this morning and ended up going and getting the OTHER one a mere two hours later.  Here we go again.  Good thing I don't have a REAL job.  Not that this job ain't real, let me tell ya. 

REAL crummy some days.  Like today.  When I have a sick one at home AND I come back down with it again, too.  So far, December has been a REAL pleasure to have around.  NOT!

Can you tell I'm grouchy?  So I'm taking my grumpy sick self and my sore throat and chills and going back to do something that requires no thought....especially no thought about how grumpy I am and how much I can't even stand myself on nights like tonight.  And how horrible I am for subjecting poor innocent you to such blather. 

My apologies.   REALLY.

Let's end this on a bright note...I cleaned out the pantry this evening.  Had no idea that there was actually a good reason I can never find anything to fix for supper...over half the stuff piled in there expired sometime last year.  And because I would go look in the pantry and remember that it's been in there for awhile, I wouldn't get it out...I just never thought any of it was old enough to throw away....I didn't think it had been in there THAT long.  So now...the pantry needs to be restocked, and that is on my list of things to do when I feel better.  Actually, cleaning out the pantry was one I WANTED to wait to do until I felt better, but then I decided I needed to do something to make me feel a LITTLE good about myself....

And since this conversation is turning to the dark side again, I will now leave. 

If you're still here, congratulations...I have some really old food I could offer you to reward your being unable to NOT keep reading this train wreck your extreme loyalty. 

Thanks for listening.  If you missed Barbie's funeral, you should go back and read that...it's a much more interesting post than this one.  FOR REAL. 

Happy Monday!  (RIGHT)

4 comments:

  1. Mondays. I feel for you. I'm sorry you're sick. It would help if you did something good for yourself. All of us "girls" need it from time to time. Let us know when you're feeling better and what you treated yourself to when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THERE'S NOTHING LIKE MAKING ONE FEEL BETTER BY ORGANIZING A TRAIN WRECK WHETHER IT BE THE PANTRY OR A CLOSET OR THE GARAGE. :O) HOPE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY FEEL WELL SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:51 PM

    Well...as long as no body was killed...train wrecks can be something to watch!!!...have ya' a "Robo-Copper yet??...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you guys are sick. Hope you recover quickly.

    Mommies are Mommies...in sickness and in health....

    I hate being sick!!! Praying for ya.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)