Saturday, November 22, 2008

SIH (Self): Peaceful, Perfect

I love quiet.  As in, no chatter, not having to carry on a conversation, not having to decide what to say, just quiet.  My husband says I'm unsocial, and there are times when this particular introverted personality trait is more of a hindrance than a blessing, but it is true that I am a sucker for alone time. 

CadesCabin-020So much so, that if I were to describe a perfect and peaceful moment in time, I would set it away from the crowds.  It would be a mild day, maybe just cool enough to need a cozy  blanket.  I envision a covered porch with a gorgeous view, possibly even a log cabin tucked high up in the mountains in the middle of fall leaf season, with a comfortable, cushioned, wooden swing and a large glass of lemonade (or Dr. Pepper, if you want the complete truth) on an end table within arm's reach.   Fresh, warm brownies would be a nice effect, as would a warm gentle breeze CadesCabin-009_1and some soft and easy Norah Jones music floating from inside.  The finishing touch would be a book (of the romantical kind, of course), something you could disappear inside for hours...with occasional breaks to enjoy the view, another sip of lemonade (or Dr. Pepper), or to just pause and relax in the peace and quiet. 

My kind of moment.

 

Interestingly enough, after I wrote all that, I googled images of porch swing and found the above image, it was connected to a page advertising a cabin rental...ahem.  So...there it is...how much more perfect can it get?  All I'd need is for the season to be right, a couple of blankets and pillows, the good Doctor (Pepper), the brownies, cooperating weather, the music and a book.  *sigh*  I'm going to go to sleep now so that I can REALLY dream.  LOL.

5 comments:

  1. I love the porch swing . As for the cabin ... I'll take that ANY day . We're going to the great Smokey Mountains next week ... I can't wait !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pix... boy would I like to be there right now. Reminds me of our cabin in Pigeon Forge. We need to go back there SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, now you've done it. I was all tired, down and out, and I see what you've posted, so now I'm reminded of pleasant memories, and I feel better. Thanks for posting the memory for me. Really like the ideas you come up with when you post. Must come naturally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a porch swing... even though I don't have a porch. One day... one day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I have the swing,but not the porch, and I have a mountain view, though no log cabin. I can play you some relaxing music, though you'd have a car or two go by, and I can off you a slew of books. Just come on by some time. It may not be your "peaceful, perfect" but it could be your "ALMOST peaceful, perfect". LOL

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)