Monday, November 03, 2008

Monday Is Not My Friend

Seriously. Why is it that Monday must be so difficult? Grrr.

Well, busy weekend and stinky Monday, but on the bright side, I had both crockpots going today (just so I could show KC that I really do *need* two crocks...hehehe).

I tried this Decadent Chocolate Gooey Cake Recipe in the crockpot. On a scale from one to ten, I'd give it about a 4. Kinda "eh" in my book. Not terrible, but I probably won't fix it again. KC seemed to like it and it smelled good. Maybe I'm just not in a chocolate fit....oh well.

The other one, however, is a winner and will be going in my recipe file. The original recipe was Bacon Ranch Chicken but I didn't have any bacon and I'm not big on egg noodles, so I switched it up a bit. Here's mine:

Crockpot Ranch Chicken

1 tsp garlic minced (I used freeze dried and kinda guessed on the tsp)
1 package of Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing mix
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
4 boneless skinless chicken breast (I used 2 large ones and 1 medium sized one...next time I'll use four though b/c I generally don't eat the chicken but THIS time I actually liked it!!!)
Pasta of choice, cooked (I used the tri-colored garden spirals with a light garlic and oil over them to keep them from sticking together....butter might work better with the ranch....might try that next time)

Combine the first 4 ingredients. Pour over chicken in slow cooker. (Wait...hang on before you do that and spray with cooking spray first....I remembered this time...and the recipe didn't even call for it...lol).
Cook 3-4 hours on high or until chicken is cooked through. (I cooked for 3 hours on high and 1 hour on low and the chicken was literally falling apart, but SOOOO good).
Serve over hot pasta.
Makes 4-6 servings.

Things I noted...the sauce was extremely runny....I'm not sure if it was due to the one less piece of chicken or if I did something wrong, but it was still totally delicious. It was more like soup with giant chunks of chicken in it dumped over noodles, but oh well. *grin* I'll definitely be doing this one again.

Anywho. That's it for today....I have a headache and I'm rather grumpy so I'm gonna hop out of here before I get all negative. LOL.

Later!

4 comments:

  1. I bought ingredients to make a new recipe tonight, too. Since I have been sick and a little behind schedule, Mike actually volunteered to make dinner for me. Boy was THAT a change. But I really liked it- really, really liked it.

    I guess there are some perks to being sick after all.... *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really good! I'll have to give it a try!
    Maybe if you cut back on the sour cream it wouldn't be so 'soupy'? 'Cause you are getting juice from the chicken, so......just a thought! But I am DEFINITELY gonna try it!
    Thanks!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope your headache goes away. I think it is sinus season, you rekon?
    Thanks for all you do.
    Lots of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll try the Ranch Chicken tonight . Thanks for the recipe .

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)