Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Almost Thanksgiving

And at our house, what I hear the most about it is...."after thanksgiving is KISSMAS, RIGHT, MOMMY??????"

Our daughter most definitely is her daddy's child.  K-man is more like me in that regard, Christmas is exciting, Christmas is fun, but it's not the only thing going on in his head before, during, and after Thanksgiving. 

And on the topic of my hubby....he blogged.  Controversially blogged.  Let me just put it this way, if you are not of the open-minded sort, I don't recommend you read his post.  (And if you go there without being open-minded, no hate mail, please, cuz I warned ya.)  Seriously, he's right and I'd have to agree on most of what he said. 

I say most because in my family, when I was growing up, Christmas was a few nice gifts and a fun season, but the highlight that sticks out in my mind was family.  Christmas at Grandma & Grandpa's next door, helping them decorate the tree, all the family from out of town coming in for the week, everyone being together....that was the big thrill of the season.  And I feel pretty strongly against bestowing a gi-normous amount of gifts upon the kids because I would rather it NOT be about "getting" things, but about giving in moderation.  And about being with family.  And about me not having to find places for a gazillion and one new toys in their already crowded toy space.  KC & I have found a pretty happy medium between our two extremely different backgrounds....on more than just this issue when it comes to our kids, but any-ka-who. 

I'm thankful for my hubby. 

I'm thankful for my hubby who isn't afraid to just tell it like it is. 

And I'm thankful for the true Church of God.  It's not a place.  It's not a doctrine (although God does have a lot to say about how we live...hello, He wrote a whole book on it).  It's me.  It's you, if Jesus lives in you.  It's a way of life, the way that God tells me personally to live, it's an individual walk. I'm thankful that I don't have to live by man-made rules in order to be part of God's church. 

And now I'm going to go work on the Sunday School newsletter. 

Later!   

5 comments:

  1. Very well said. You and your hubby (mostly)*wink* Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay... love this post. LOVE IT!! I hope you have an awesome Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liked the post.I Look forward to having a Merry Christmas ourselves this year, and wish you all the same. Good points in your last paragraph. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did read KC's blog and enjoyed every minute of it. I also like what you said about being the church. I love you and can't wait to come down and see you all again.
    Hope your Thanksgiving went well. We had a houseful. It was busy and noisy but wonderful. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Munchkin is too funny.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)