Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Why?

I just really don't understand why a parent can not even show up in court for the termination of parental rights hearing, yet still have the right to appeal at the state level.

I also don't understand what she's hoping to gain by it. All she's doing is tormenting her child by dragging his permanency out a whole nother year because as her lawyer even told her, "It doesn't matter if you appeal, you aren't going to get him back. If you win, all that will happen is the case plan starts over again."

And in my opinion, if you couldn't work it the first time and your child couldn't even handle visits so they were ceased, what makes you think that after ANOTHER year, he will suddenly want to see you again and you'll be able to do the work you weren't able to do for the last 3 years?? Well, not counting the years involving the other child you gave birth to that was also taken away several years before this one.....

I am so aggravated.

I'm all for reunification, but only if the parents will actually do what they need to do. And it's been plain for the last year, that this is not the case here. And it's not like they're asking for the impossible....I can't go into detail, you'll just have to take my word for it.

Anywho, it's time to get the kids packed in the car for church....

Later!

6 comments:

  1. B/c the ppl who make the rules are just plain stupid. I don't mean to call names, and I wasn't allowed to say that growing up, but I couldn't find a better word to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules hit it right on the head. There are things going on with our case that are making me shake my head too. The system is totally ridiculous. I hope she loses the appeal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't really know what to say, friend. But I will be praying for you guys....

    Love you bunches. Oh, and tell K-man that "Uncle Ke-wy" loves him, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry. I hate the system sometimes... :( But I am glad there are people like you in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate to hear this and am sorry for your dissappointment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope everything works out great for you .

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)