Thursday, October 23, 2008

Life Is Funny

Yesterday life was surprising...today it's funny. Funny, as in "twisted." LOL.

You know, when you're a kid playing freeze tag with all your friends (especially the big kids b/c that makes you feel important), the last thing in the world you want is to be tagged (unless you're being tagged to become un-frozen, that is).

But then you grow up and become a blogger and you live for the day when somebody tags you. And you're it. LOL!!!

And yes. The talk of playing freeze tag in the dark with the older kids is the voice of experience. *grin*

Anywho, Melissa tagged me and although I've actually been tagged for this one before, being on the total high that comes from getting another real tag (not the --hey, if you're reading this and want to do it, then tag, you're it-- kind of tag), I decided to come up with seven NEW weird and random facts about myself.

Cuz you know, I have a never ending supply of those things.

  1. I used to think guacamole was discusting (think baby poo) but then my uncle Mark made some homemade and it was incredible. I still don't particularly care for it when we go out to eat, but I could eat my weight in my uncle's version. If I ever decide to try it, I'll have to post the recipe...he tried to show me, but I do not remember all the amounts and it seems like there were some unusual ingredients in it that I never would have imagined. Maybe I can google it and get close enough to jog my memory.
  2. I can pop my third thumb joint (the one next to my wrist). That goes back to the days in SC when us kids used to sit together in church and try to come up with new ways to get in trouble. LOL.
  3. Speaking of food and the past, I remember my aunt Betty used to make us peanut butter and banana sandwiches when I was a kid that I L-O-V-E-D, but I googled it and googled it and other than the fact that Elvis liked pb & b, I could not find anything resembling what she used to make. I remember it was mashed together and had an ungodly amount of sugar in it and tasted more like candy than a sandwich. It wasn't toasted either, which was apparently the way Elvis liked it. Aunt B made it for us one day and my brother (the child genius in the cooking department....I think that will be my next strange thing) watched her do it and figured it out at home and he and I had peanut butter and banana sandwiches Aunt Betty style for MONTHS on end. Until we figured out that it was a lot faster to just smear pb on a bread and stick half a banana on it. I'm sure mom was happy about that, too, since there was much less sugar on that version. LOL!
  4. Okay, on the cooking thing....when I was a kid, my reputation as a cook was pretty pathetic. My dad always said I was the only person he knew who could burn a pot of boiling water. (In my defense, I only did that once or twice and that was because I was an avid --read distracted-- reader...hey, I was a stellar reader...that counts for something, right? Maybe I should have read cookbooks.) Anywho, as an adult, I have come to the conclusion that it wasn't really my cooking, since I do pretty good now. Okay. Decent. Alright? My point is, it wasn't my cooking....my brother was just a culinary mastermind and the fact that he could bake biscuits that tasted like grandma's at the age of 8 when my MOM couldn't even get them to taste just like grandma's HAD to be what made me look like such an awful cook. I'm sure that's it. LOL!
  5. I think I must be hungry....so far 3 out of 5 of my strange things have to do with food. Why break the trend now? Okay, maybe this is not a weird fact, but I cannot grocery shop if I'm not at least a little bit hungry. If I go after I eat, I MIGHT be able to make myself buy one or two things, but I end up passing up things I know we'll need for meals the next week just because I'm not hungry for it at the time. I know it's a common thing not to grocery shop when you're hungry cuz you spend more, but if I don't, I don't get even the necessities....and that means I just have to go out again, which actually costs more. Haha.
  6. Okay...let's get off the food. I spend at least an hour at the beginning of every trip, mentally going over what I packed to make sure I didn't forget anything. I don't know why, since, by the time we're on the road, it's too late to pack whatever little item that was forgotten. I guess it's probably so that I'll have the rest of the trip to mourn and worry over the forgotten item. It is in my favor that I have not yet left behind any little PEOPLE, which is the most important thing.
  7. My great grandparents imigrated to the US from Italy but none of my family speaks Italian. They came over in a time when immigrants learned to speak English when they came to this country (haha), but I do wish they would have handed down Italian as a second language. Other than Nonna and Poppa, which is what my kids call my parents (thanks to google), I don't know any of it.

Okay. That's seven.

I've also decided I'm going to go out and find seven random blogs to tag. Maybe I'll even get adventurous and pick blogs that are totally new on my blog-scouting-radar! *grin*

So....tag, you're it:

Stacy, never mind the rest.

And with the exception of the first one, which is a recent find, the rest of these I bloghopped to find and randomly chose because they looked interesting. *GRIN* Not that my google reader isn't already packed to the gills, but it's probably going to get a few more added. EEK. *EDITED: NEVER MIND....*

So now to hit post and go leave all my tag-ees a comment. =)

And of course, as always...anybody else who reads and needs some blog fodder...feel free to consider yourself tagged.

3 comments:

  1. That was fun to read! I'm a recent fan of guacomole, too. Phillip won't touch it though. LOL Your Sunday School plans sound wonderful...I'm sure the kids will love the apples!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if that second part of kelli's comment was for me? Or did you made those apples too? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, call me stupid but how do i do this "tagged" thing. First time :) Thank. I did read yours I am a huge fan of cooking. mags ,shows, doing it. YOu name it.
    Stacy o

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)