Friday, October 31, 2008

Busy Week

Wow. As tired as I am right this minute, I have to hand it to the other girls at church (especially K) who worked sooo hard. I helped as much as I could, but I know they put much more into it than I did, so I can only imagine how exhausted they are. But hallelujah...fall festival is done. And K did an awesome job putting it together...I thought it was one of the best ones so far and I think everyone had a blast!!!!

I helped yesterday and some today, and frankly, if I don't see any popcorn or peanut butter for at least a few weeks, I will be perfectly happy. And yesterday, I also had my fill of candy corn for at least 2 years. I don't know why I never remember that I can't stop until I get nauseated on those things. UGH. I counted them for the guessing jar and I ate a few...okay...a lot....of the broken ones. Do you know how many broken pieces of candy corn there are out of 718 pieces???

Enough to make me sick. And then some. *gag*

Anywho, speaking of sicknesses, something is wrong with my computer....I am so aggravated...I think it might have some virus or something...I guess it's gonna have to be cleaned off...which means i'll have to get on the backup work. *SIGH*

As far as the rest of this week...one day I helped the neighbor dig up and move some of her mature grass that she needed to get rid of and put it in our yard on some of the bare patches. Do you know how heavy a rolled up square of grass sod with four inches of rooted dirt is? And all those grass squares times....uh....at least 15 or 20. Yeah...well, it's enough to make a girl sore for a few days. Thank God for wheelbarrows and wonderful neighbors!!!

I don't remember Wednesday....I think I was busy but I don't remember. I do know that I've spent a lot of time this week on trying to get everything lined up that we need for our foster parent license renewal that has to be all turned in in less than 2 - 3 weeks. Pet vaccination papers from the vet, physicals to schedule, fire inspections that didn't pass and had to have a few things corrected and fixed in order to get that approved, the training hours that needed to be completed to make the yearly minimum hours.....I think I must have worked on that on Wednesday...

It's just been a crazy crazy week.

And for the record. I HATE HALLOWEEN. We had FINALLY gotten all the holiday candy stash cleared out from the last year...either giving it away or eating it or whatever. And now? NOW? Dear heavenly father. It is filled to overflowing again.

I'm tired. I am going to zone out with a book now until bedtime. Just wanted to get on here and post something since I've been so busy the last few days.

Later!

3 comments:

  1. I have to say, I admire your dedication and posting even during busy weeks. You are good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fall festival was great ! Carter's still talking about it . I hope you have a peaceful week . I think ours is going to be hectic ( again ) .

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy! Garrett's preschool bus is on break for a week or two so I'm hoping things will slow down on the home front for a little while.

    As for the fall festival, you're too sweet. If everyone had a good time, then it was a success. As for the preparations, I couldn't have done it by myself. I had some good helpers...

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)