Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday

Since it's taken me like 5 months to get one WFMW pulled out, don't expect this to happen...but just to share a little tip that works for me when it comes to changing the sheets on the bed....

Maybe I'm the only one who hasn't figured this out yet, but up until a few months ago, I would pull the comforter off the bed into a pile on the floor and then change the sheets. Then when it came time to put the sheets back on the bed, I'd have to figure out which end was up on the comforter and wrestle the heavy thing back on the bed and get it even...and it was just a big hassle.

So now, here's what I do, and it works ever so much better: (by the way, pardon the irritatingly pitiful pictures....i have fixed that little problem now, but the bed was already made by the time I figured it out. hahaha)

First you have a bed that needs the sheets changed. So you take the top of the comforter (you know...the part that you tuck under your chin at night) and fold it in half by pulling it toward the bottom of the bed so the top is even with the bottom of the comforter.
Then you grab the middle, where it's folded at, and pull it down so it piles neatly on the floor with the halfway fold at the top.

Then, when it's time to make the bed back up, you grab that little fold (see lovely illustration below) and repeat the process in reverse. (In other words, pull the folded half of the comforter back up to the midpoint of the bed and then grab the top and unfold it by pulling it back up to the "under the chin" point of the bed again.)
Ending, of course, back at the beginning again. Doesn't that beat having to sort out which end is up on the comforter?? I think so. *GRIN*
I hope you enjoyed this little tip....maybe you even laughed (like KC just did -- LOL)....oh well....maybe everyone else has already taken bedmaking 101, but either way...it works for me.

10 comments:

  1. Okay , I should have read your post before changing the sheets on my bed . ( I just finished ! ) I throw the comforter on the floor too. Sometimes I try to lay it over the footboard but, it's easier on the floor . I recently checked out Martha Stewarts tips for how to fold a fitted sheet . I have trouble neatly folding that one !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking of changing my sheets this morning, but decided to wait until I get off of work @ 2. I usually throw it in the floor too, but lately we have been folding it back and haning it over the footboard. That is much easier too, if you have one. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:18 PM

    I read that twice and still am lost. Way to much technical stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's why I don't make my bed. Just throw the blankets on all random and work it out when you lay down. LOL (I can't believe I'm putting this out on the WWW for everyone to see!!!!!) *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny that I just throw the our comforter on the bed to and try figuring out which end goes where. Maybe I can take Mexican macorini 101 next weekend. Can I???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its time to point out that this post "assumes" your bed is made-up and the comforter neatly in place when you go to change the sheets. NOT SAYING I"VE EVER HAD THAT PROBLEM, BUT MY GUESS IS THATS WHY JOHNNYISM DIDN"T UNDERSTAND. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  7. ROFL!!!! AMY...I laughed so hard I couldn't see the screen for a minute...*GRIN* You guys are cracking me up!!! LOL LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. too funny! i laughed out loud at wendy's comment. what a hoot!

    btw- the color scheme in your comforter is very similar to mine, except yours has blue in it. Mike LOVES blue! Of course you already knew that! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL.. LOL.. I love it !!!..A trunk at the end of your bed would work great.. just fold like an accordin..and just pull it up in the morning.. "wink".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:46 PM

    in my defense, it's hard for me to see the logic in making up a bed when you're just going to get in it and mess it up again. that'd be like a rooster giving milk. it just doesn't make sense.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)