Thursday, August 07, 2008

Packed TOO Light

Got to the Virginia State Line and K-man had already filled his diaper so full that his entire shorts were soaked. The one pair of shorts I was planning for him to wear for both days of travelling. Humph. He traveled in NO shorts for about four hours while his shorts dried. THAT got a couple of funny looks at rest stops. Then we put them back on....now they are so dirty from playing when we stopped that both kids will now have to wear a clean outfit. Guess I'll be doing laundry sooner than I planned.

We stopped in Pennsylvania about 5:30. Somewhere around Harrisonburg or Harrisburg or something. I was in the back with the kids for about the last 6 hours of driving, so I am really not sure. Anyways, naturally, there would be a convention in town, so all the hotels are full. So we're staying in a little bitty place next to the Super 8. It was cheap and it's small, but it seems clean and I'm on somebody's wireless (I can guarantee it's not this hotel's...LOL) so I'm not going to complain.

K-man is being so obnoxious this trip. If I say stop, he looks at me and literally laughs and keeps right on doing it. UGH. He's already had at least 2 fits...the kind he used to have like once a week or so. It's a good thing he's cute, but he is SO ticking me off...even in his cuteness. Munchkin's doing mostly great. Course, it could be that she just SEEMS like she's doing better b/c the K-man is doing so UN-better. LOL. Dear heavenly father, I hope he's only having a problem b/c of the routine change, b/c if he's entering the terrible threes as a semi-long-term issue then "I" am going to have some issues.

I'm just trying to keep the kids on a low-key level so that my parents don't go absolutely nuts and regret saying they'd ride up with me and the kids. LOL. So far it's been a real struggle.

And then top it all off with PMS. NOT FUN. UGH.

Okay....well...I'm gonna hop off here and see what I can do about settling K-man down. Wish me luck....I'm sure it's gonna be a fight. And while I'd like to flow, I've done that plenty today and I'm tired. LOL.

Night.

7 comments:

  1. About 3 years and 1 week ago Rickydoodle and I were headed thru PA from VA on our honeymoon trip and had the same problem. All the hotels were booked due to some convention going on. Poor Ricky had to drive until NY :)

    Hope K-Man chills out for you. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your havig a rough time of it. You know I always could have went with you!Ha HA! I hope everything turns out good and just for a pointer ALWAYS PACK EXTRA AND DON'T THINK TWICE!!! OVER PACK!!Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry you are having trouble. I will be praying for you and the kids. i am going to miss you. have fun and hurry home. love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just catching up with you. Sounds like life is never boring around your house!

    Travelling is tough, but hopefully it will create a funny story later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How are they liking the little pressents over each state line? Sorry K-man isn't a happy traveller. Maybe he'll have a better trip home. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I hope the trip was better today.:)
    You should see my car when traveling because I take everything including the kitchen sink!!! LOL!
    (I was gone for just the day today and I took huge bag to leave in the car,a snack/cooler bag, and a purse.)
    p.s. where are you headed too???

    ReplyDelete
  7. he he he... I have SO done that with the shorts thing. TOO FUNNY!!

    Hopefully tomorrow with be a little less stressful!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)