Monday, August 04, 2008

Monday Messages: Out All Day Edition

Dear Monday,
Classic. So utterly classic. Someday, if you really want to do something fun, you could dash all my expectations and turn out to be a glorious day. Although there were parts of today that weren't all that "un-glorious," so I really shouldn't complain.
Sincerely,
Garfield Attitude Impersonator


Dear Sis. T.,
Thanks for the bean-breaking experience...LOL....it was just like sitting on Grandma's front porch again. Only we weren't on the porch...and you know...you're not like...old. *grin* And thanks for the conversation, too, it was quite helpful and encouraging. =)
Love you!
Me


Dear Mom,
That was great....the expression on your face when you saw me and Munchkin peeking in your office window today when we surprised you and showed up out of the blue. LOL. Thanks for going to an impromptu lunch with us and you know....thrift store shopping....one of my all time favorite things to do....we'll have to hit a few on our trip north later this week. *GRIN* See ya soon!
Love always,
Your (FAITH)ful Daughter


Dear Favorite Librarian,
I'm so sorry your computers were down today. That really stinks that you had to write down all the books by hand. At least we ended up getting "checked out" by a different librarian, so I'm sure you were saved a few hand cramps there from our pile of books. LOL! I hope your computers came back up quickly and you weren't forced to do the old fashioned method for much more of the day.
Sincerely,
Addicted to Your Library (cuz our local one stinks! Hehehe)


To Any Knowledgeable Individual Who Might Care To Answer,
Does anyone happen to know how much locksmith's charge to open a lock and then cut a new key to replace all the lost ones? Um....just wondering. If no one knows, I guess I'll let ya know tomorrow after I call around to find out. Teehehehe.
Sincerely,
Keyless But Not Lockless (and for a change, capable of laughing about it....LOL!)


Dear K-man,
Look, dude, I'm not sure what your deal is, but layin awake in bed until 11pm is NOT working for me....particularly when you keep thumping the wall. Get a grip. Ya know, if you slept in longer in the morning, I wouldn't be so grouchy about it, but you're not....it's the usual wake up time for you. Don't know what's up with that this last week, but it needs to stop. Why are you not falling asleep?
Love,
Mom


Dear New York (not City),
Ready or not....here we come. Just two more days and then we'll be hittin the road. Pooooor lonesome KC is going to feel all left behind. For about 2 minutes....before the party starts. HAHAHA. Kidding. I'm so not looking forward to the 14 hour drive to get to you, but I have my fingers crossed that the kids will be excellent riders. *GRIN*
Sincerely,
Stuck Between Anticipation and Dread


Dear Automatic Kitty Litter Box,
I *very strongly dislike* you. It might have something to do with how you run at least 6 times before you decide the "poo has been scooped" and the most irritating time for this of all is at 6:30 in the morning. Hence the reason I unplugged you at midnight last night when you were doing it as I was trying to *fall* asleep. Just sayin.
Kitty Owner #2


Dear Jango (fat cat)
Whoa. You've put on about 4 pounds. Maybe you should go on a diet. 19 pounds is a bit much. I'm sure it wasn't much of a clue that for the last few months, the first thing out of the mouth of anyone who laid eyes on you was, "Oh my, what a fat cat!" Yes...I do think it may be time for a weight loss program. Or at the very least, an exercise regimen. HA. My own little Garfield. Will you rebel, too?
Sincerely,
Your Owner


Dear List of Things to Do Before Trip,
You are so long I am afeard to write you down. EEEK. Just the thought is making me want to go to bed. Oh wait, maybe that reason is more along the lines of it being 10:51pm and I've been running all day and I'm extremely tired. Oh well, regardless, I'm tired and being tired is making me really not want to think about you right now. So I'm going to bed. I'll deal with you tomorrow.
Sincerely,
Freaking Out!


Dear Blog,
I'll try not to neglect you, but in case you feel a little lonely, just remember you're always on my mind. KAY? *GRIN*
Sincerely,
Always.Faith


PS Random conversation while putting Munchkin to bed after VBS at church tonight:
"Mommy, I didn't like that boy with the back (black) hair like yous (yours)."
"Oh really?.....(spent a couple minutes trying to determine what boy this might be, then gave up)....well, honey, just pray for him okay?"
(Horrified face and extremely discusted tone) "EWWW, mommy, I don't want to pray for those nasty BoYS!!!!"
(Mommy tries to keep a straight face) "Well, we have to pray for people we don't like, okay?"
(discusted sigh) "Oooookayyyyy."

8 comments:

  1. I hate that Monday's don't treat you so well but I love the blog posts that come from them.

    I hope you have a fantastic trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Monday Messages are a hoot! Have fun in New York. That's among one of the places I'd like to visit before I die...OKAY, that along with the other 50 states, and Canada and Paris...you get the point. *wink*

    And by the way, tell Shell Bell that my hubby wasn't there last night so he's safe for now. Though he would argue that his hair is "dark brown not black." Either way, he's adorable, just don't tell him I said so. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:21 AM

    here's one you left out.

    dear johnnyism,

    thank you for filling mine and other people's days with laughs and good cheer. without you or your blog i doubt many of us would have the courage to get up in the morning. thank you.


    it's ok, i forgive you for leaving this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. RE: locksmiths

    We have used the locksmith ... frequently . The last time was on a ( recent )Sunday a.m. Michael was off that week end , so we were walking out the door for Sunday School . I was the first one to the car ( for once ) and seen our only key in the ignition ! State Farm pays for this - lock out service . Thank God ! We have an extra set of keys now ( although I'm still sick at how much they cost ). By the way - I'm NOT the one who locked the keys in the car :)

    Anyhow , A couple weeks ago our garage door wouldn't open . Michael used a pair of lock cutters and cut a huge lock with them . If you want to use them and buy some new locks you can . If you need a locksmith ... his name is Ed - he's in the phone book ( and my cell phone too ).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Monday- Why weren't you good for me either? My day was WAY TO BUSY for not having to go into work. The mower that I picked up still wasn't fixed, the grocery actually had what I needed, the laundry had to wait longer than neccessary in the dryer, and the list goes on....the stress you left me at the end of the day made my chest hurt and my eyes droop from exaustion. Other than the fact that you FINALLY allowed to get to an appointment with my boss an hour later than said time was kind of nice...cause in 4 weeks I won't be working any more. Hopefully I won't have to deal with sick kid's Mom's attitudes when your day hits my week. Still glad to be alive, Jules

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a great trip.. one of the things I did with one of my grandchidlren on a long trip.. is go to the dollor store..and buy up a bunch of cheap play things.. from stickers to pipe string. wrap them up in tissue paper.. She got something to unwrap every few hours.. helped pass the time.. also made them a postboard that hung from the back of the front set..and could sit on their lap.. use it as a table top and a place for playing or eating.. It was great!!! Loved your post.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa! Thanks for all the comments, ya'll! =)

    Amy - Thanks....and thanks again. *GRIN*

    Kelly - Teehehehe...you crack me up. I am *pretty* sure that the dark haired boy was either Alex (although she says it wasn't) or one of the kids who doesn't come regularly, which would be why she didn't know his name, maybe. LOL. And no worries, I won't be telling your hubby anything like that....he'd get a big head or somethin'!!!! HAHAHA. (j/k)

    Johnnyism - ROFL...OOOPS. Sorry I missed that letter...thanks for forgiving me...and for making me laugh with your comment!! *GRIN*

    Mandy - Yep, Ed was great...thanks for the tip...it was $20, only he couldn't make a key, he just opened it (for anyone who might need that for future reference....oh, and it saved $50 b/c I took the locks to HIM instead of him coming to ME. LOL. Just FYI)

    Jules - Oooh, girl...nice message, but it leaves me with questions...I emailed you, write me back! *Grin*

    LeAnn - Hey, great tip on the dollar store idea. I'm SO going to do that. I think maybe it will be a cool thing for each time we hit a new state!!! And I can pick up stuff in NY for the return trip. Thanks for the idea!

    Everyone else - comments are still open if anyone's interested....HEHEHE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Locks? What locks? Who would ever lose a key so important? Glad you got it worked out.
    I will miss you while your gone.
    Thanks for helping with the beans. I needed it!
    I'll even give you a jar.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)