Friday, August 15, 2008

Making Currant Jelly

Grandma had bushes full of ripe currants in her backyard, so mom and dad took some jars up with them, and picked them. Then mom spent an entire morning canning them into jelly....me and dad helped. I documented. LOL. And I helped clean some of them, too. The kids helped pick them....they LOVED picking.


Dad gets a little crazy after going through and cleaning four grocery bags full of currants, ready to wash and cook....


Dad makes a little bit of a mess, when he overfills one of the jars....mom to the rescue. *GRIN*

I don't remember how many jars they had when they finished, but there was plenty to share. *grin* A beautiful jar is in my fridge now. *smiles*

2 comments:

  1. that looks like alot of fun. Hope you are having a great time. love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. and was does current jam taste like? can't say that i've ever heard of it.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)