Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I Have Decided

I am homesick.

The kids are homesick.

That is the only explanation I have for their behavior.

They are having a really tough time doing things they know they’re supposed to do and they are having a really tough time NOT doing the things they know they’re NOT supposed to be doing. Listening to mommy is a good example of the former and arguing and talking back is a good example of the latter. And mommy is having a tough time b/c they’re doing things they KNOW they don’t get away with at home b/c they somehow know that here, mommy would really rather NOT create a scene. But mommy is still going to do what mommy needs to do. And somehow they’re just not getting that, which is really frustrating for mommy right now.

The other tough part is that everyone else thinks they’re just cute.

And they are.

But cute can get obnoxious in a hurry and they’re pushing it real close to that border. I’m ready to get home before they push it that far.

Parenting is not for wimps.

I have obviously decided a lot of things.

I have also decided that you don’t really realize how much of a comfort zone you’re in when you’re around people who have a similar belief system until you’re around people who are decidedly different.

Also, it’s a definite, that blogging is my therapy. Prayer works, too, don’t get me wrong….just in a different way.

I’m having a hard time putting my thoughts/feelings into words that won’t offend anyone, so I guess I’ll just go spend some time in prayer before hitting the sack.

Only one more day to get through, then we’ll be heading for home. I wonder if I’d be able to talk mom and dad into leaving tomorrow night and just letting me drive all night while everyone sleeps. Knowing mom, probably not, but it might be worth a try. LOL.

Gotta hop off here now, we’re getting up early in the morning to take my brother back to the airport. Night.



**This post was written 8/12 (Tues night)....feel some better today (Wed afternoon). Last night I was ready to cry, but somehow, knowing we get to go home tomorrow is making me feel much better. We told Munchkin this morning that we get to go home tomorrow and she got all excited and was like "YAY!!! OKAY!!!!" LOL.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think...but keep it spam free and friendly, or it will be deleted. Thanks! =)